Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scale problem with multiple cross section views

7 REPLIES 7
SOLVED
Message 1 of 8
ingegneria
2657 Views, 7 Replies

Scale problem with multiple cross section views

I made a template for cross section sheet: there are 2 layout, the first with a 200 scale viewport and the other one with 500 scale. When I use the wizard to create multuple section views and I choose the layouts from my template I have the same result with the two different scale.

Why?

Vincent

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Jay_B
in reply to: ingegneria

You're probably going to want to split this template into to separate Templates.

The reason for this is the scaling of the Section Views is controlled by the Model Space scale in the drawing combined

with the Vertical Scale specified on the Graph Tab within the Section View Style used.

We have a general Template and a Cross Section Template mainly due to different scales.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 8
ingegneria
in reply to: Jay_B

I'm not sure I understood what you said. Let me ask you: when you use mutliple section view wizard you can choose .dwt file and then the layout (with the scale you want). Then you create the multiple views in the model space .If you use two different layout scale, in the model space do you see the same result?

Message 4 of 8
zoeyanne

The first thing I would check is in your XSection template.  Do you have the viewport scale set appropriately for each viewport (one at 200, the other at 500)?

Message 5 of 8
ingegneria
in reply to: zoeyanne

Yes I do. This is my template: it is from italian country kit but I added the first two layouts (A1 paper 200 and 500).

Message 6 of 8
zoeyanne

When you create sheets have you actually changed your drawing scale to the desired scale prior to creating the sheets? 

Message 7 of 8
ingegneria
in reply to: zoeyanne

Do you mean I have to change the annotation scale in the model space (the scale at the right bottom of the model space)? And this scale must match with the scale of layout?

Message 8 of 8
Jay_B

Yes the Model Space scale of the XS.dwg should match the target Layout VP Scale used.

It's ok to have the 2 Layouts i the Plan Production XS sheet dwt as you're doing but the MS scale needs to match VP scale of Layout selected when creating section views.

The Section View Vertical scale I previously mentioned also needs to be adjusted in most cases.

This could be handled with 2 Section View Styles but a second XS template would be more straight forward than changing all related

settings every time the scale changes.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report