Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving to early versions

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
bucci_22
535 Views, 7 Replies

Saving to early versions

Hello,

I was just wondering if there is some way that civil 3d (2011) is capable of saving down to a 2004 version and still be able to view the civil 3d object.
I know I can do this with 2007 version but I think that any ACAD version earlier than 2007 is not capable of recognizing the civil 3d objects.

Please let me know if I am wrong and if there is a proper way of doing this.

Thank you very much.

Michael Bucci,  ACET

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Avera737
in reply to: bucci_22

I don't think I know how directly solve your issue but I do have an idea about converting individual objects and that's exporting them as Land XML.  You should then be able to import them into an older version of Civil 3D... possibly.

There are really two "versions" when it comes to Civil 3D.  There is the .dwg format itself and then the C3D object version.  All .dwgs created in '07 - '09 are the 2007 format, but the C3D objects vary by year.  E.G you can't open a 2011 C3D drawing in 2010 even though they may both say 2010 DWG format.

Please, someone, correct me if I'm wrong on this.

Message 3 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

Civil 3D is not backward compatible with ANY version.  The only way to perform what you want it to do is to Export to a DWG, select the version you want to go down to.  Make sure you have PROXYGRAPHICS set to 1.  And like Avera 737 said, you MUST export all the Civil objects to LandXML. 

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager
Blog | Twitter | LinkedIn

Message 4 of 8
bucci_22
in reply to: ToddRogers-WPM

Thanks for getting back to me trogers.

How do I export my civil 3d objects to LandXML ?

What I am doing right now is:  under the file menu - export - and then there is a bunch of different ways to export the drawing but I do not see export to Land XML.

Where is this option located ?

Mike

Message 5 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

That's going to be on the Output tab of the ribbon, Export panel.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 6 of 8
bucci_22

Ok found it. Thnak you,

Now I have a exported to a 2004 version of my drawing and also exported to a XML file.

What do I do with these now ? I need to send them to a contractor so that he may open and view the drawing with the civil objects. 

Mike

Message 7 of 8
ToddRogers-WPM

The Contractor will need to make sure he has PROXYGRAPHICS set to 1.  Open the DWG, then he can type in LANDXMLIN and import the file.

Todd Rogers
BIM Manager

Message 8 of 8
bucci_22

Thank you very much for all your help.
I appreciate it.

Michael Bucci, ACET, IBI GROUP

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report