Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving Color Range of a surface to a template

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
dnl999
858 Views, 8 Replies

Saving Color Range of a surface to a template

Is there a way to save the range of colors for different surface elevations to a template so that I can apply the same color-to-elevation scheme to another surface in a different civil 3d dwg file ?  I can't seem to find that option anywhere, Please help !

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
mathewkol
in reply to: dnl999

I don't believe there is a way. There was a VBA floating around a couple of years back if you can find it. It would need to be tweaked for use in 2012 as I think it was written for 2009.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 9
neilyj666

There may be something in the UKIE Country Kit - although I've never tried it

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 4 of 9

8.5 years further down the road....

this last days I'm making around 40 surfaces...

and still have to manually set all the colors for each of them...

What a terrible waste of time Autodesk!! Please start adding usefull functions and first fix all issues before inventing more things we don't need or want.

Message 5 of 9

I had an idea accepted several years ago to export Civil tables in the same way as regular tables and I'm still waiting for it in the software - I now use a free third party app - perhaps 2021...!!!!!!

There are many, many little improvements that would make the software usage easier for the typical user but these don't really appeal to the marketing wonks whereas Cloud sharing/BIM360 does and can be trumpeted in new releases and to sell new subscriptions. I guess the argument is that a programmable product is provided which allows the user to adapt the software to suit their own area of interest.

I'm not convinced that as many people use this BIM360/Cloud functionality as we are led to believe

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 6 of 9
cwr-pae
in reply to: vandenoosterkamp

Partially an answer to the original post, partly to ease the issues @vandenoosterkamp has with 40 surfaces.

You can save the surface in your template with the settings you desire, in new drawings paste the new surfaces into the template surface to get the same analysis settings (elevation color ranges, etc).

To creating 4multiple surfaces with duplicate settings in the same drawing, using the pasted surface above, copy the surface (select the surface, copy from 0,0 to 0,0) and then delete the currently pasted surface and paste a new surface to have 2 distinct (data wise) surfaces with the same settings.

Not elegant or automated, but will save time and headache.

Message 7 of 9
vandenoosterkamp
in reply to: cwr-pae

Hi cwr, thanks a lot for this awesome suggestion!!

I just now did it with copying in the same drawing.

- select both surfaces

- copy them in an empty spot close to the last one

- rename them both

- edit them both

- rebuild

complete color scheme intact!

This sunny day starts fine 😄

Message 8 of 9
vandenoosterkamp

Does the uk countrykit have this as an option? And can I install an imperial countrykit on my metric C3D anyway without causing issues?

Message 9 of 9

Don't know what these do but they may of use - located in the Toolbox for UKIE

Screenshot 2021-11-17 084015.jpg

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report