Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save Columns of data in Toolspace Vista to stay the same after reopen

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
ralstogj
234 Views, 4 Replies

Save Columns of data in Toolspace Vista to stay the same after reopen

Hi

I have set up parcels with some some userdefine proporties for wastewater modelling and setup the columns of data I want in Toolspace but every time I exit the drawing and return the columns shown and order changes is there a way to save the column configuration so it does not reset each time?

2014-05-02_1347.png

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
lim.wendy
in reply to: ralstogj

Hi Justin,

There is some issues with sorting when you you edit via properties palette or the Toolspace Vista. Try using the Panaroma view instead. It will retain/remember the order you made. Smiley Happy

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Wendy Lim

Data Nerd | Community Advocate | AEC Industry

facebook twitter twitter blogs pm

Join the new online Rail Community

Customer Value Hub

Message 3 of 5
lim.wendy
in reply to: lim.wendy

Sorry, I just noticed, there isn't a panaroma window for Parcel. Smiley Sad

Can you post the drawing? 

Thanks,

Wendy

Wendy Lim

Customer Value Hub

Message 4 of 5
ralstogj
in reply to: lim.wendy

Wendy

Attached is the drawing file.

I am doing the work in 2012 so have not checked if the same issue is happening in a new version.

Another issue with the drawing is that I can not figure out how to delete unwanted userdefined properties for the parcels it appears that once you create one even if it is not referenced anymore you can not delete it.

Justin

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
Message 5 of 5
lim.wendy
in reply to: ralstogj

Hi Justin,

I tested the sorting issue on UDP for Parcel in the latest version of C3D 2015 and it will reset itself once you exit C3D completely. Smiley Sad

It will remember the order if you close the drawing and not exit C3D entirely. The order also came from the original UDP you've created from the settings tab. If you would like the order to be fixed, recreating the list in the preferred order maybe one option. Not sure if this can done via API...

For deleting the UDP, it seemed that if you change the Format, it will allow you to delete. See below:

UDP-Parcel delete-small.gif

If my post answers your question, please click the "Accept as Solution" button. This helps everyone find answers more quickly!

Wendy Lim

Customer Value Hub

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report