AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Distinguished Contributor
kkohlhoff
Message 1 of 3 (165 Views)

Sanitary Profile Setup

165 Views, 2 Replies
01-14-2013 03:44 PM

I have been having issues with some of my Sanitary Plan and profile sheets being incredibly slow to open & plot that I am wondering if I have set them up properly. I’m wondering how others have theirs setup compared to mine. I will typically have a sanitary network & profiles as a standalone drawing attached to vault. That drawing from vault is then xref into my P&P sheets. In those sheets, I attach xrefs for horizontal linework/borders as normal. I also reference the network from vault so that I can have plan labels  added from the network. Creating and editing the drawings are not really a problem, it is just opening them up or printing them through Sheet Set Manager that are the real issues. I think my issue is referencing data that is already attached to an xref, but I would still like to know how others have theirs setup. 

Valued Mentor
ralstogj
Message 2 of 3 (144 Views)

Re: Sanitary Profile Setup

01-15-2013 12:37 AM in reply to: kkohlhoff

I use a similar drawing setup excluding vault but from SSM i use acroplot to print to pdf and them print to the copier the last job was 100 A3 sheets and took about an hour to print them all to one pdf.

Regards

Justin Ralston
http://c3dxtreme.blogspot.com/
*Expert Elite*
troma
Message 3 of 3 (131 Views)

Re: Sanitary Profile Setup

01-15-2013 05:39 AM in reply to: kkohlhoff

We don't use vault here.

We have Sanitary in one drawing, Storm in another.  But we don't do profiles in those drawings.  We data shortcut into the Plan/Profile drawings to do profiles and plot from there.

We don't plot from SSM due to the lack of updating (if the xref or data shortcutted has changed the sheets don't update unless you actually open them).

Credit where credit is due! Give kudos or accept as solution whenever you can.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs