Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sanitary Pipe Network and House Connections

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
mermerCAD
1063 Views, 2 Replies

Sanitary Pipe Network and House Connections

Would you recommend having the sewer house connections in the same network as the sewer main or as a separate network.  If it's a separate network, how can I link it with the sewer main so the connections update if the sewer main changes?

Thanks for your help!

Meredith

C3D 2013

Windows 7 64 bit

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jay_B
in reply to: mermerCAD

I Can't think of a good way to do this, but one option would be to place null structures at all service locations along main line sewer (but this results in fragmented pieces of main line pipe).  Then use Spanning pipe labels to label the pipe between the structures. Not a clean workflow by any means.

House connections could then be connected to null structures and could be updated all together in one network.

Hopefully somebody offers better suggestions but the OOTB functionality of Pipe Networks AFAIK doesn't really take into account or consider adding laterals that will dynamically update and can be controlled by a main line pipe etc.

We don't usually show house connections in a pipe network for this reason, they're just drawn in cad.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 3 of 3
BrianHailey
in reply to: mermerCAD

I haven't used them myself but SincPac has routines for handling sewer laterals.

Blue Dot DLSewerLaterals

Creates links between main pipe network pipes and lateral pipe network pipes.

Blue Dot DLSewerLateralsManager

Deletes sewer lateral links from the main and lateral pipes.

Blue Dot DLSewerLateralUpdateRules

Updates the rules that a lateral pipe uses when updated in relation to a main line pipe.

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report