Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sampled surface profile doesnt update when alignment moves

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
b.stark
1688 Views, 6 Replies

Sampled surface profile doesnt update when alignment moves

I have a rather large project that is having a problem I am badly hoping someone can help me with. It is 27 miles of waterline broken into 3 mile segments.

The problem is with the profiles that have been cut. The existing ground surface has been sampled along the alignment and multiple profile view made from that alignment. When the alignment changes, the only way that the surface seems to update is to run the "profiles; create profiles from surface command again" at which point it adds a new profile into the profile views reflecting the current surface over the alignment, then the "old" profile must be deleted from the profile views. Everything is set to dynamic, yet certainly is not being very dynamic.

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: b.stark

A little more information would be helpful.

What version of Civil 3D are you using?

Are any of your C3D objects data referenced?

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 7
b.stark
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

It is civil 3d 2013.

The surface and the alignment are data referenced into the drawing containing the profile views.

Message 4 of 7
Lisa_Pohlmeyer

So, you're saying that when the alignment object is modified and that drawing is saved, the drawing that your profile is in doesn't display a balloon notification that your objects need to be synchronized? (Your data reference has changed?)  I don't experience that behavior in 2012 or 2014, so perhaps it's a 2013 related issue or your specific dwg. 

I'm assuming you've processed the drawing for audit & regapps, etc.

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 5 of 7
b.stark
in reply to: Lisa_Pohlmeyer

Not exactly, I am saying that even after you syncronize the data reference, the surface shown in the profile view does not update based on the alignment change, almost like it is a static profile instead of dynamic although it is set to be dynamic.

Yes, drawing had been audited, purged, reg apps and all that.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous

Same problem here using c3d 2013. No answer yet?

Message 7 of 7
Anonymous

Same problem in 2017 here. 

My supervisor inadvertently moved the ex ground surface. I got it back to its original location, but the profile views will not update after the surface was moved to the correct spot. I went through the whole set of commands to add the ex ground profile to my profile view to make sure it came in how I expected, and it did, but the old surface profile from the wrong location is still showing up unless I manually delete it. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report