Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SYNC Title Block to Sheet Set Manager

43 REPLIES 43
Message 1 of 44
Neilw_05
4755 Views, 43 Replies

SYNC Title Block to Sheet Set Manager

I'm not up to speed in configuring title blocks with sheet set manager and I've come into this situation unexpectedly.

I had to come up with a set of P&P sheets in a hurry to assist a contractor in providing a rough estimate for a sewer run, so I generated the sheets using the preconfigured imperial sheet set template. Afterwards I've switched out the border and title block generated by the template with our standard blocks. Our block attributes are old school and do not use fields. Now I am trying to upgrade those old attributes by replacing them with fields that reference the Sheet Set attributes.

Here is the problem: when inserting the field for the sheet number I can either use the CurrentSheetNumber or the SheetSetPlaceholder attribute. If I use CurrentSheetNumber, the title block shows the correct sheet number for the current sheet (the sheet I am making the edits from). However all the other sheets show that same number. In other words the fields do not show the corresponding sheet numbers from SSM. If I use SheetSetPlaceholder none of the title blocks will update to show the sheet number.

I believe I should be using the placeholder field but I can't get it to synchronize it with the SSM. Is there a way to make this work?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
43 REPLIES 43
Message 41 of 44
sjg
Advisor
in reply to: doni49

Seems to work fine for me. I modified fields for the sheet set and sheet within SSM, did a regenall and everything updated as expected.
Steve Goessling
Land Consultants
Civil3D 2015
Windows 7, 64 bit
Intel i7 2600 @ 3.40Ghz
16 GB RAM
Nvidia Quadro 600
Message 42 of 44
mgalicki
in reply to: sjg

Try mine out.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Mark

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor
Message 43 of 44
doni49
in reply to: mgalicki

@mgalicki wrote:

Try mine out.

Let me know how it works.

Thanks,

Mark

Did you open the one I posted for you?  What did it do?

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 44 of 44
mgalicki
in reply to: doni49

Yours worked great for me.

Did mine work for you?

Thanks

Everything in existence was first an Idea
Autodesk Plant 3D Premium 2019
Autodesk MEP 2019
HP 3.2 Ghz CPU 16 ram
1TB 7200 rpm SATA 6Gb/s hard drive
2GB DDR3 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680ti
HP 2311x 23" LED Monitor

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report