AutoCAD Civil 3D General

Contributor
lbraff2648
Message 11 of 13 (427 Views)

Re: SURVEY CODE OFFSET

09-19-2012 07:21 AM in reply to: rl_jackson

In the Edit Linework Code Set, I changed the Field Code Escape from "-" to "+" and now the offsets are coming in correctly.  Thanks to everyone for the efforts.

Distinguished Mentor
rl_jackson
Message 12 of 13 (420 Views)

09-19-2012 07:49 AM in reply to: lbraff2648

"I am just beginning to use the Survey features in Civil3D 2012 to generate a base map."

If you are just beginning, Im not quite sure why you would make such drastic changes to the OOTB Linework Codes, if you did not know what you were doing to begin with, and the consequences of those changes in other areas of the software. I would recommend using the OOTB and refine as you go along, I did things like changing the BEG to B and the END to E, (could be thinking about fbk here). But keep it simple. Not sure of the size of your shop but change to linework codes not only affect you they affect the field guys too. If you had a seasoned party chief that knew what he was doing with regards to codes, making such drastic changes could greatly effect productivity in the short term.

Just my Opinion

C3D12-13
Win7x64 6gb
Contributor
lbraff2648
Message 13 of 13 (416 Views)

09-19-2012 08:00 AM in reply to: rl_jackson

With the special codes that our survey crew uses and the settings we are using the the office, this fixed our problem without causing any issues with the survey crew.  I appreciate your input.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs