Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SURFACE DISAPPEARING FORM OBJECT VIEWER

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
5524 Views, 2 Replies

SURFACE DISAPPEARING FORM OBJECT VIEWER

I know I am doing some thing dumb here like a frozen layer or something. In model space I grab my tin, then object viewer. Everything comes up then immediately on rotating my vie win the object viewer the surface disappears. CAn anyone tell me why?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Westhills,

I just played around with a surface in one of my jobs and I believe the reason is because your contours are not displayed in "model" but are displayed in "plan", first thing you rotate the surface in object viewer you take on the display settings under "model" and once you click "top" on your view cube it should revert back to your plan display settings. I assume this because if you just zoom instead of rotate in object viewer your surface stays visible, first thing you rotate it, it's gone.

To turn your contours, triangles or whatever you please on in model right click your surface in toolspace -> edit surface style -> display tab and from the drop down list select model. From here just turn on what you wish to see.

Hope this helps

Maccadin.

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I knew it was somehting dumb. I was trying to view the tin, which was on two different layers, one in model and one in plan (in the style) and ofcourse the model layer was frozen. So then when I rotated, it switched from plan to model, which caused the tin to dissapear.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report