Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM File Import Problems

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
sangotafadzwa
418 Views, 3 Replies

STM File Import Problems

i cant seem to import back a .stm fil back into C3d i get  a message that reads

'Import storm sewers data- missing in file.

The file you are trying to import is missing required data. the .stm file was saved in an earlier version and is missing data required to import . the file should be saved in the latest .stm file format in order to successfully import it'

I am using ver 2014 and exported a network and do not have any files from previous versions as suggested by the error message. iam going as far as running the analysis and generating longsections then save the file. the other thing is the saved files are refusing to open using storm sewers

please help!

Kind regards

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
jmayo-EE
in reply to: sangotafadzwa

If you have older versions of SSA on the machine, unistall all of them and the associated plugins and then reinstall 2014.

Accessing files over a network should not be an issue. If you are trying to run the app over a network you may have issues.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 3 of 4
sangotafadzwa
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Hi John,

thanks much for your response, C3d14 was the first autodesk to be installed on my computer. there are no earlier versions of civil 3D or storm sewers.

Message 4 of 4
wfberry
in reply to: sangotafadzwa

Why not post your .stm file and see what others say.

Bill

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report