Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSM Help!!!

28 REPLIES 28
SOLVED
Message 1 of 29
Stuart_Telford
968 Views, 28 Replies

SSM Help!!!

Hey people,

So here is the story...I have recently been using Sheet Set Managers (SSM) more recently and have found them quite handy but I am also finding some peculiarities with it too.  I have no issues setting up a SSM and getting it to plot all my sheets either to our plotter or to PDF at full size (24x36), however when it comes to setting up a half size (11x17) page setup and overriding to it, is where problems occur.

What I want is a page setup that I can select that will plot 11x17 from 24x36. So, I first created a page setup that does this in our template (.dwt) and then set the page setup overrides file to our template file (under sheet set properties). Next I right-cliked on my sheet set and went to "Publish" and then "Publishing Using Page Setup Override", but the list it populated for me did not reflect all of the page setups we have in our template???  It listed two page steups _24x36 and _30x42 (see attachment).  These page setups can be found in our template under page setup manager along with several others which don't show in the overrides (see attachment).

So, I am asking, where is the diconnect?  Is there a reason the other page setups aren't coming up in the SSM overrides menu? 

Thanks in advance,

Stuart Telford
Civil 3D 2014 SP1 | Win 7 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i5-2500 @ 3.30GHz, 8GB Ram | ATI Radeon HD 5450
28 REPLIES 28
Message 21 of 29
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: Stuart_Telford

Stuart have yo show us this picture in you sheet set to confirn it is in fact pointing top the correct file?

ssmover.png

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 22 of 29
Stuart_Telford
in reply to: graf_p

Kirk, I will look again but I've dilgently verified these to be the same.

Paul, It makes me feel better that you found that thread, thank you.  What I may try and do is define an override setup from layout instead of window, and then modify my full size layout from "layout" to window defined.  That way perhaps when the override setup is applied to it will generate a half size drawing from the correct reference point on the full size and thus display correctly.  Hopefully by defining it with "layout" too, it will actually show up in my overrides.

Joe, Yes I have provided that.

Thanks for all the resposes and ideas guys, I will come back an update this thread if I have a solid solution.

Stuart Telford
Message 23 of 29

Ooooookay, so yes the answer to this is: OVERRIDE SETUPS WILL NOT APPEAR IN SSM UNLESS THE PLOT AREA IS SET TO "LAYOUT"!!!

So, I went back to my setup in the template and switched it from "window" to "layout" and BOOM it appeared in the overrides list (see attachment).

That's great, but one big question remains:  How do I create a page setup with the plot area set to layout that correctly captures everything on a full size layout, scales it, and centers it onto an 11x17???

So we have all on the fly took a 24x36 drawing, went to plot, picked a copier instead of the plotter, changed the paper size to 11x17, windowed our layout, clicked center the plot, clicked fit to paper, and BAM a nice scaled 11x17 prints out.  But when you do this it changes the plot offset from 0,0 and the scale from 1:1 so how can you replicate this in an override setup?  For if you are going to work from a setup that has the plot area set to "layout" the options to center the plot and fit to paper are greyed out, and they only appear to be available after doing a window which we know is a problem.

Anyways, if you guys have anymore thoughts I'd appreciate it but if you are bored of this thread I understand as well. 😉

Thanks,

Stuart Telford
Message 24 of 29
KirkNoonan

If you use the publish dialog box it will allow you to select an override that is set to window

Message 25 of 29

OK quick update:

I was able to create a setup with the plot area set to "layout" and have it capture everything on an 11x17, centered, and fit.  I just wrote down what X offset and scale it produced when windowing a full size layout, then I manually inputted those in my page setup and PRESTO it worked!

Thanks again for all the help people

Stuart Telford
Message 26 of 29

Yeah Kirk that is an easy workaround and I probably should have just done that, but I got stubborn on the overrides.

Appreciate it though 🙂

Stuart Telford
Message 27 of 29
Jeff_M

If you use Extents instead of Layout it will center & scale correctly. This is how I have all of my Page setups defined.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 28 of 29
Stuart_Telford
in reply to: Jeff_M

Oh really I didn't know that, ok thanks Jeff.

Stuart Telford
Message 29 of 29
graf_p

I thought this might be the issue.. I ran into this same problem a few weeks ago. I would appreciate it if you mark my original reply as solved. THis would be the first for me. 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report