Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SID file fine in Civil 3D 2013, "corrupt" in Civil 3D 2014

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1181 Views, 2 Replies

SID file fine in Civil 3D 2013, "corrupt" in Civil 3D 2014

I recently installed the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 upgrade. Last week I created a drawing that contained several .SID files (air photos) in Civil 3D 2013. 

I tried opening that air photo drawing this morning in 2014. I was asked to perform a drawing recover, during which one item was removed. When the drawing opened, one of the SID files was missing. When I used image manager to re”attach” it, the error was that the file was corrupt. I then tried inserting it using both raster image insert, and even inserting in the planning and analysis workspace. Same error.

Yet, when I opened the same drawing in 2013, everything was fine. I saved the drawing the “fine” drawing in 2013 and then tried opening it in 2014 – same thing. That one SID file would not come in.

Of note, 2014 seems to keep wanting to re-initiate raster design whenever I open it. As a matter of fact, I tried using “imageclip” the other day and it wouldn’t do it because raster design “wasn’t initialized”. I restarted my computer and am now able to use imageclip.

Somehow I think those two issues are related – something to do with raster design?

Interesting, huh? Any thoughts?

Thanks,

Tags (3)
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Lisa_Pohlmeyer
in reply to: Anonymous

Have you tried opening an SR through the subscription center?  

Lisa Pohlmeyer
Civil 3D User
Website | Facebook | Twitter

Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Solution found! AutoCAD 2014 doesn't seem to recognize certain font types. The SID file that was "corrupt" contained such an unrecognizable font type. (G1105001_095-ps 12_5æ.sid)

It simply requires changing the file name. Woman Very Happy

Thanks to Don at Eagle Point support for the help.

Liesl

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report