Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC subassembly import and creating corridors

2 REPLIES 2
SOLVED
Message 1 of 3
Buzz0m
693 Views, 2 Replies

SAC subassembly import and creating corridors

Hi,

I've created a few subassemblies with the SAC and I'm having problems with creating corridors.

When I import the subassemblies they always show up named "Subassembly2". Is this due to some installation problem or does anybody have a solution to this... it wouldn't be a problem but I will be importing a lot of subassemblies and wouldn't mind cutting down my workload...

Another problem is that when I try to reimport an edited subassembly it will not update in ACC3D2010. I read somewhere that one has to restart civil in order for the changes to take place and that DOES work but is there perhaps another, more functional way, of updating subassemblies?

My third question is about corridors. When i try to make corridors with previously mentioned assemblies all goes well, untill (pause for dramatic effect!)... I add regions to the corridor. What happens is that the corridor doesn't model the different assemblies and only uses the assembly I first assigned to the corridor when creating the corridor.

What I'm trying to design is a set of tunnels where the tunnel cross sections and the elevation of the bottom changes. What goes without saying is I'm fairly new with assemblies so any help and guidance is greatly appreciated!

- Frans

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
mathewkol
in reply to: Buzz0m

2010? I don't remember the SAC being available for 2010??

[...when I try to reimport an edited subassembly it will not update ...]

You must restart.

[...Subassembly2...]

In SACE did you actually rename it in the Packet Settings tab?

[....only uses the assembly I first assigned...]

I'm not sure I understand, but subassemblies do not update.  If you make changes you need to remove the subassembly from the assembly and then re-add it.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 3
Buzz0m
in reply to: Buzz0m

Hi,

renaming the subassemblies in SAC (packet settings tab) did it! Now the regions in corridors work correctly! The problem I had with the corridor must have been due to the subassemblies having the same name and when I assigned a subassembly to a NEW assembly, civil updated all the other subassemblies with the same name. Much like updating a block...

Thanks mathewk! You saved me alot of frustration! Kudos!

PS. You were also right about the Civil version! I updated to civil 2012 a few months ago and forgot all about it! 😃

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report