Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAC - Multiple Targets

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
kevinjackman
375 Views, 1 Reply

SAC - Multiple Targets

I have built a curb return subassembly using the composer.

I have an intersection corridor.

The subassembly runs along the ETW Baseline (Curb Return).

When I build an intersection, I want the lane of this subassembly to target the center of both roads, finding the nearest target.

For some reason, when I add 2 Alignment targets, the subassembly will not recognize more than one lane width target.  It will target the first target selected, but that's it.

I have tried this with other subassemblies OOTB without issue, so I know it's something to do with the SAC subassembly.

Do I need to define something in SAC to allow multiple targets?  Or is this a limitation?

C3D 2012.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
KMercier_C3D
in reply to: kevinjackman

One method that should work:

Add the two target offset parameters (one for each center line)

Generate an auxiliary point at each target

Use a decision to find which target is closer (ap1.offset>ap2.offset)

On each side of the decision use the target that is closer (ap2 on true and ap1 on false)

Depending on how you set up the subassembly logic you may also need to check whether a target is valid (incase there is a scenerio where the user may only be selecting 1 alignment and not 2). 

Kati Mercier, P.E. | LinkedIn | AutoCAD Civil 3D Certified Professional
Pronouns: She/Her
Co-author of "Mastering AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013"
AU2019 Speaker::: CES321590: Analyze and Revise Existing Subassembly Composer PKT Files for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2017 Speaker::: CI125544: Analyze and Devise in Subassembly Composer
AU2012 Speaker::: CI3001: Reverse Engineering with Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD Civil 3D
AU2011 Speaker::: CI4252: Create Subassemblies That Think Outside the Box With Subassembly Composer for AutoCAD® Civil 3D®

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report