Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run Acad C3d and Autoturn starts. How to stop that?

19 REPLIES 19
SOLVED
Message 1 of 20
doni49
6096 Views, 19 Replies

Run Acad C3d and Autoturn starts. How to stop that?

I have Acad C3D 2012.  There is a profile called "MDC_user" (I work for MDC and this profile was created by the boss).  When I start Acad using the C3D shortcut, it automatically starts acad with the MDC_user active.

I also have AutoTurn installed.  A few weeks ago, I started Autoturn using the separate Autoturn shortcut and Acad started and AutoTurn ran on top of it.

However, now when I start Acad C3D using the C3D shortcut, I don't see the C3D ribbon--I see AutoTurn and the MDC_User profile is active.  If I go to the "Workspaces" drop-down, I can change to C3D but that changes to the OOTB C3D profile.  The next time I start Acad using the C3D shortcut, it loads MDC_User and I see AutoTurn.

How can I get MDC_user to show C3D and NOT Autoturn?

TIA!

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20
troma
in reply to: doni49

First thing that pops into my head: try a system restore to before you started the program with AutoTurn.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 3 of 20
andrewpuller3811

If by "I see Autorturn", you mean the toolbars and/or ribbon tab, try this in civil 3d.

type "CUIUNLOAD" on the command line (without the quotes)

In the Load/Unload Customizations dialogue that pops up, select AUTOTURN in the Loaded Customization Groups: listbox and then click the Unload button.

Click the Close button

The ribbon tab (toolbars) should be gone.

Close civil 3d and restart it from your Civl 3d shortcut.

If a post provides a fix for your issue, click on "Accept as Solution" to help other users find solutions to problems they might have that are similar to yours.

Andrew Puller
Maitland, NSW, Australia
Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit
Intel core i7 11800 @ 2.30 GHz with 32GB Ram
Civil 3d 2021
Message 4 of 20
Jay_B
in reply to: andrewpuller3811

Check your desktop icon profile switch.
To do so right click on desktop icon your launching C3d with_properties_shortcut tab_Target field
"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Civil 3d 2012\acad.exe" /p "My Favorite profile"
(It will not look exactly like this will be aeccbase etc. ...not in c3d now).
Important part is in quotes at very end this is the profile it's loading.
If you see any "autoturn" stuff in here, that's what needs to be removed to avoid launching autoturn
with c3d.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 20
Jay_B

Here's some more details.

The C3D profile switch would look like this.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p "My Favorite Profile"

One with AutoTurn will look something like this. Guessing yours may include the profile switch after it as you mention it's loading a specific profile with Aturn.

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Transoft Solutions\AutoTURN 6\AT2010x64.ARX"

If you don't have a clean C3D icon to start with it can be created by copying a shortcut to desktop by WIN Start menu All programs_Autoodesk_AutoCad civil 3d XX_right click on C3d Imperial_create shortcut.

Then replace the <<C3D_Imperial>> with your exact desired profile name as it appears in "options".

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 6 of 20
doni49

@andrewpuller3811 wrote:

If by "I see Autorturn", you mean the toolbars and/or ribbon tab, try this in civil 3d. 

Yes.  That's exactly what I meant.  Thanks.  I did that and now AutoTurn no longer starts.  But C3D ribbon/interface stuff still doesn't show up.

C3D IS loaded -- I just typed in CREATEPOINTALIGNALIGN and it put up C3D's point creation dialog box.

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 7 of 20
doni49
in reply to: Jay_B

Following is that my C3D shortcut looks like:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /nologo /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Autodesk\MDC-Civil3D.arg"

And this is what my AutoTurn shortcut looks like:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /ld "C:\Program Files\Transoft Solutions\AutoTURN 8\AT2012cx64.ARX"

Don Ireland

Message 8 of 20
Jay_B

Have you tried entering _ribbon at command line to load ribbon?

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 9 of 20
doni49
in reply to: troma

I don't have admin rights on this PC.  IT has to run SysRestore but I need to tell them when this happened which I don't remember.

Don Ireland

Message 10 of 20
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

Have you tried entering _ribbon at command line to load ribbon?

I just tried that and it still doesn't show the C3D ribbon.  See the following image:
C3DRibbon.png

Don Ireland

Message 11 of 20
Jay_B

Try switching your workspace (gear wheel on lower rt of screen) to Civil 3D.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 12 of 20
doni49

Ok.  I still don't know WHY this happened.  But I brought up the CUI editor. 

The Ribbon node under MDC_user did NOT include any of the C3D stuff.  So I added them.  Still no joy.

Then I clicked on "MDC_User Default (current)" (step1) in the attached image.    Followed by "Customize Workspace" (step 2).

C3DRibbon_Fix1.png

Then each of the check box items shown under Step 3 were all green dots as opposed to checks.  I changed them all to checks and then clicked on "Done" (Step 4).

C3DRibbon_Fix2.png

Acad processed all this and the ribbon reappeared.

C3DRibbon_FixResults.png

Don Ireland

Message 13 of 20
doni49

@Anonymous wrote:

Try switching your workspace (gear wheel on lower rt of screen) to Civil 3D.

Yes.  That's the work-around I've been using to at least use C3D.  But that still wasn't fixing the MDC_user workspace.

Thanks for the assistance and your time.

Don Ireland

Message 14 of 20
troma

Looks like you got your ribbon, but not the C3D icons on it. They're all showing as ? in that screen shot.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 15 of 20
doni49
in reply to: troma

I hadn't even noticed that!  Thanks.

Now I guess I have to hunt down the icons.  😞

Don Ireland

Message 16 of 20
Jeff_M

It looks like you are starting Autocad, noy Civil 3D. Note the red A in the upper left corner of the window. That should be a C and have 3D at the lower right corner of that icon when running as Civil3D.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 17 of 20
doni49

Ok.  Found the issue.  It seems that I misunderstood how the the CUIX files work.  I had previously tried putting all the C3D tabs IN my MDC_User.cuix file.

I removed them and turned on the check marks under the Civil 3D Ribbon Tabs area (down under Enterprise Civil 3D).

Now I have the ribbon AND their icons.

I greatly appreciate the assitance and time that EVERYONE of you provided.

C3DRibbon_FixResults2.png

Don Ireland

Message 18 of 20
Jay_B

My post about the "A" being arbitrary only applies to the Desktop icon only not the application menu as I thought.

I agree with Jeff_M you may want to look into getting that C to show up in the upper left & be sure all is well

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Message 19 of 20
doni49

Here's the desktop icon I use to start C3D:

C3D Desktop Icon.png

And the "Target" portion of the properties for this shortcut is:

"C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\acad.exe" /nologo /ld "C:\Program Files\Autodesk\AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012\AecBase.dbx" /p "C:\Users\%username%\Documents\Autodesk\MDC-Civil3D.arg"

So I'm not sure what else needs to be done.

Don Ireland

Message 20 of 20
carl_nav

i need  this software please

helpme!!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report