Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Round tripping doesn't work?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
Zupdood
212 Views, 1 Reply

Round tripping doesn't work?

I have an engineer who won't upgrade from Civil 3D 2013.  When I learned that 2014 supposedly allowed roundtripping between programs, I started using 2014.  Well, the first drawing I did some grading for him on in 2014 just locks up when you try to open it in 2013.  I didn't do anything with the 'new' stuff like pressure piping.  It wouldn't open even with recovery....it would just freeze.  SWEET NEW FEATURE  um-hum!  I finally had to Export to 2010 to dumb it down enough to open in 2013.  

Are others having the same lack of success when they've tried this?  It wouldn't bother me so much, if it weren't for these apparently false claims of a program whose new features include roundtripping......

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
AllenJessup
in reply to: Zupdood

I've seen posts about this. The changes that have been made in grading in 2014 can't be opened in 2013. Exploding the grading should be enough.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report