Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rollover Tooltip Display Size?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
cattjake
629 Views, 4 Replies

Rollover Tooltip Display Size?

Hello,

I would like my rollover tool tip to display the entire name of the surface not just the first 16ish and then go to "..." is there anyway to customize this?

Thanks Guys,

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
phil_borycens
in reply to: cattjake

I see that your post has been up for a few weeks without a reply.

Could you possibly post a screenshot so that the community can see exactly what you are referring to?

Thanks!

Phil Borycens
Message 3 of 5
cattjake

Hello,

This is a screen shot of what i am talking about.

You will see the tooltip displayed and the start of the surface name called out DS_WEST REDESIG...  Z  17.000'

What I am asking is if there is any way to make this tooltip width always allow the full name of the surface to display, DS_WEST REDSIGN TOP LAYER

Thanks,

Message 4 of 5
phil_borycens

There are at least three system variables that control rollover information in AutoCAD:

ROLLOVERTIPS

SELECTIONPREVIEW

SELECTIONPREVIEWLIMIT

If you cannot extend the display by adjusting these settings, then I'm afraid you are left with dealing with the truncated display.

Phil Borycens
Message 5 of 5
Yellowjacket98

Hello,

I know it has been a few years since this was posted, but this morning I ran across the same problem. Several of my surfaces share several of the same first characters, so when the tooltip truncates the title I am unable to see which one I am working with. After a bit of grumbling on my part I finally resorted to going to the surface properties of each surface, excluding the one I want information from, and unchecked the "Show tooltips" box down in the lower left-hand corner of the "Information" page. I hope this helps.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report