Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road network surface

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
nikoue
361 Views, 3 Replies

Road network surface

I have make a road network. Then i make a corridor surface using corridor extends as outside boundary. I also create a boundary in the interior side of the roads with interactively tool, and i use it as a hide boundary. The corridor surface look fine but when i am trying to make a finish Ground Surface pasting the corridor surface after Existing Ground surface then the hide boundary of corridor surface make holes in finish Ground surface. What can i do?

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
neilyj666
in reply to: nikoue

Paste the EGL to a new surface and add the hide boundary from the corridor surface an outer non destructive boundary and then paste this surface into the composite.

The ease of achieving this will also depend on the complexity of the hide boundary as I've assumed the simplest case here. If there are many "islands" you could also draw a rectangle around the full EGL (after pasting to new surface) and add as a hide boundary and then add the "islands" as Show boundaries and finally paste to composite surface.

There are probably other ways to achieve what you are after......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 4
nikoue
in reply to: neilyj666

Thanks a lot for your answer.

maybe someone knows something more automatic?

AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 Hotfix 3.
Win 8 pro x64, OCZ RevoDrive 240GB
Intel i7 930, 12 GB Ram, Ati Firepro V7800

Message 4 of 4
david.zavislan
in reply to: nikoue

Another option would be to make two separate FG surfaces from the corridor.  One would be for the left side and the other for the right.  Use the interactive boundary tools to define the surface boundaries.  You could then paste these into the copy of EG, without it hiding the internal area.

David Zavislan, P.E. | Wood Rodgers, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report