Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Road intersection label in profile view

11 REPLIES 11
Message 1 of 12
diegoal
4235 Views, 11 Replies

Road intersection label in profile view

Hello,

What can I do to show intersection information in a profile label?

I mean, supose I have two roads (A and B)... what should I do to show in the road A vertical profile the name and the station of road B in the properly position of this A profile?

example from a similar post (pdf attached):

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D/LABEL-INTERSECTION/m-p/2669277/highlight/true#M129377

Thank you a lot,

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diego Álvares
Civil Engineer @ Trento Engenharia Ltda.
www.trentoengenharia.com.br
Autocad Civil 3D 2010 to 2017 - Infrastructure Design Suite
Windows 7 64 i7 4770 @3.40GHz 8GB Ram GeForce GTX 760
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
mathewkol
in reply to: diegoal

You can insert a block at the intersection and use the project object to profile view tool and select that block.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 3 of 12
diegoal
in reply to: mathewkol

Thanks for your reply, Matt.

And how can I insert a block in the intersection? Should I do it manually or set it by some alignment or intersection style?

Of course I already have an intersection object set but maybe this is not what you are talking about ...

Thanks again and I hope solve it 🙂

Diego Álvares
Message 4 of 12
mathewkol

No just a regular block. It won't dynamically move if you adjust your intersection.

WISH:
The ability to project an intersection object to profile views. Better yet, let's make this an automatic thing. Project ALL intersection objects as they are created.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 5 of 12
diegoal
in reply to: mathewkol

That what I was afraid of...

Later I'll try do it dynamic with visual basic 🙂

I share your wish. Thanks!

Diego Álvares
Message 6 of 12
ranpack

There is a tool that we have developed that might help you. here is a youtube vid of how it works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ir8NzL6Uhs

Company website: www.ran-pack.com

Message 7 of 12
diegoal
in reply to: ranpack

Hello, thanks for your reply.

I saw your video and it is interesting but, if I got it correctly, it isn't dynamic, no?

We are working in a project with dozens of alignment and we would like to analyse them dynamically. I mean, for each change we make we would like to show the intersections labels and highlight errors at the profiles and plant.

We are trying to develop a code to do that.

Thanks  lot,

Diego Álvares
Message 8 of 12
ranpack

Contact us with your email so we can discuss further.

Regards

Message 9 of 12
ceethreedee.com
in reply to: ranpack

Still not possible in Civil 3D 2017. This could all be solved if they allow alignments to be added to profile views. Or even allow "superimposed intersection point" as a marker option in the profile style.

Very frustrating

Civil 3D 2021 (Update 1), ACAD (SP1.3) MAP (HF0.4)
Infraworks 2021.1,
Win 10 -DELL Precision Notebook 7730

ceethreedee.com
Message 10 of 12

I just superimpose the adjoining profile into the profile view I want to label and it shows the exact connection point.

Message 11 of 12
jlmmartiningui

Hello,

I was having the same problem, I am kinda doing what Matt says, but instead I create a point in the intersection and project to my profile view. You can then select for the point to be linked to your vertical profile and on your projected objects label you then create a label with the source station of your point and elevation of projected object. It's not the station from the crossinge aligment, but at at least gives you the elevation and it updates as you change the profile.

Message 12 of 12
raeid76

Check this video prepared by Mr. Jeff Bartels  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2qZ3nC-gL1M&index=2&list=LLmNTCUnY6E4VwxfNFJDPDCw

you will have a great idea about labeling the intersection.

i think the same will be applied for profile view labeling 

best regards

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report