AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

Board Manager
scott.sheppard
Message 11 of 15 (221 Views)

Re: River analysis extension?

12-21-2012 06:57 AM in reply to: rwhitlock1

I am the one who has been sending out the individual emails quoted here as well as the email blast from Dave Simeone. Let me clarify what will happen.

1. On December 31 the technology preview will expire. It will no longer operate. You will no longer be able to use it -- not even the old version..

2. The Civil 3D team is considering extending the technology preview. If they do, this means that you would have to go to the Labs site and download a new installer for the tech preview that has a different time-bomb date baked into it. This will not happen before December 31, so there will be some days where you cannot use the technology preview at all.

3. Technology previews are temporary in nature. No one should confuse them with perpetual functionality. To provide  a long term solution, it is quite possible that the team could create a version of the technology that users could download from Subscription Center instead of Labs, A version on Subscription Center would not have a time-bomb in it.

I hope this clarifies the situation, and I apologize for the confusion.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Active Contributor
rwhitlock1
Message 12 of 15 (218 Views)

Re: River analysis extension?

12-21-2012 07:30 AM in reply to: scott.sheppard

Thanks for the clarification, Scott.

I've found the River Analysis extension to be a valuable addition to my work efforts. I hope that the product will eventually be a download available to subscription customers but understand that this is a decision not yet finalized.

Active Contributor
weserphillip
Message 13 of 15 (166 Views)

Update???

01-11-2013 01:32 PM in reply to: DarrenP

Do we have an answer on this yet? 

*Expert Elite*
DarrenP
Message 14 of 15 (163 Views)

Re: Update???

01-11-2013 01:34 PM in reply to: weserphillip

no

you probably won't get one until autodesk decides what they are going to do with it if anything

Product Support
Karsten.Saenger
Message 15 of 15 (101 Views)

Re: Update???

02-18-2013 07:36 AM in reply to: DarrenP

The River Analysis Extension has been extended until June, 30th.
It can be downloaded here:
http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/civil3d_river

Karsten Saenger
Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.