Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

River Analysis Reach Automatically Created

21 REPLIES 21
Message 1 of 22
BrianHailey
1809 Views, 21 Replies

River Analysis Reach Automatically Created

This is strange. I have the River Analysis tools installed for C3D 2014 and any time I open a drawing, a reach is automatically created in the file. This is really annoying because it puts it down at the coordinates (0,-500) which pretty much makes zoom extents a useless command now.

Is this as designed? If not, any idea on what I can do to fix it? If it is as designed, any idea on how to turn it off?

Brian J. Hailey, P.E.

GEI Consultants
My Civil 3D Blog

21 REPLIES 21
Message 21 of 22

I was seeing them without using river, now I may have accidentally initialized it. However it was across two projects. The first instance was a project that I was attaching a PDF to, just drag and drop from my desktop and insert a reach showed up. Then a totally separate project, different folder on our drive, different shortcut folder etc. they started just showing up in my xref files......This all occurred after I installed update 2018.2 and I was also getting at the menu load river.cuix could not be loaded. So I wiped C3D clean, went to 2018.1 and same problem still occured.....So I read this thread and shortly after my post I decided to remove the files from the ribbon....no change......Then I just deleted River out of the control panel. Went into the files and exploded the reaches. I am good to go now. Might even go back up to 2018.2 now. 

Message 22 of 22
JamesCorley
in reply to: BrianHailey

It largely quit when I installed the update. I cannot remember it happening since but I'm not sure when I installed it.

It wasn't an automatic feature in every dwg, just a random occurrence.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report