Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

River Analysis Extension for AutoCAD Civil 3D / AutoCAD Map 3D

151 REPLIES 151
Message 1 of 152
scott.sheppard
13139 Views, 151 Replies

River Analysis Extension for AutoCAD Civil 3D / AutoCAD Map 3D

There is a new technology preview on Autodesk Labs.

http://labs.autodesk.com/utilities/civil3d_river/

Project River Analysis Extension for AutoCAD® Civil 3D® 2012 software and AutoCAD® Map 3D® 2012 is a sophisticated river modeling software package supports HEC-RAS within the AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 and AutoCAD Map 3D 2012 environment. This technology preview of River Analysis makes it easier than ever before to compute water surface profiles for modeling rivers, bridges, culverts, spillways, levees, floodplain and floodway delineations, stream diversions, channel improvements, and split flows.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
151 REPLIES 151
Message 141 of 152
scott.sheppard
in reply to: pmascaro

Dana has confirmed that the River Analysis capability is not part of the trial. Thank you for that.

For customers who are actively evaluating the Ultimate Suite, I am pretty sure we can figure out a way to get them the River Analysis files. The only wrinkle here would be in the River Analysis installer did not work for the trial version, but I doubt that.

In terms of differences from the Labs version, I do not believe there are any in the code itself other than the removal of the time-bomb. This is my guess. I have not heard that officially from the team. When a technology moves from the preview stage to Subscription Center, what does change is the level of commitment. Autodesk supports what is available in Subscription Center. Let's be honest, when it's a technology preview, and users encounter a problem, "Hey it's a free technology preview that was for feedback instead of production work." But when it is officially supported, that means that issues get addressed in updates like service packs. So although it may seem to you like nothing has changed, placing River Analysis in Subscription Center speaks volumes about its value to Autodesk and Autodesk customers.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 142 of 152
pmascaro
in reply to: scott.sheppard

Are my eyes playing tricks on me, or did Dona also have the IDS web pages updated to include a 3rd Note (***) indicating that this is only available in the Ultimate Subscription and did she also have it removed from the trial page?

I could have sworn the 3rd footnote was not there berfore this weekend... and it was included in the trial when I sent the links....

Message 143 of 152

I had it adjusted this week to be more clear. Thanks for the feedback!
Dana Probert, P.E.
Technical Marketing Manager, Civil Engineering
Autodesk
Blog: BIM on the Rocks
Learn More About BIM for Infrastructure
Message 144 of 152
pmascaro
in reply to: dana.probert

No Problem. Thanks. You should reconsider adding it to the 30 Day trial… or offering it as a separate 30 Day trial…. It’s not an easy thing to justify cost on for those of us who would only be upgrading for the River Analysis Extension…

No trial pretty much makes it impossible to justify the cost….

Message 145 of 152
KenLuong
in reply to: dana.probert

Hi Dana, can the new river analysis extension be installed on civil 3d 2011or is it only available for 2014? please and thanks
Message 146 of 152
KenLuong
in reply to: KenLuong

i was able to download the RAE from the subscription centre. Oh, i'm new so sorry if i'm asking an obvious question.
Message 147 of 152
scott.sheppard
in reply to: KenLuong

As far I knew, here was the plan:

• AutoCAD Civil 3D 2012 users: These users should make sure they have SP1 and can continue to use the tech preview until June 30. After that they should upgrade to Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2014.
  • AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 users: These users should upgrade to Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2014 right away.
  • AutoCAD Civil 3D 2014 users: These users start off by purchasing Autodesk Infrastructure Design Suite 2014.

So today looked in the Subscription Center and I found a River and Flood Analysis module for 2014:

http://subscription.autodesk.com/sp/servlet/download/item?siteID=11564774&id=21666765

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 148 of 152
Jeff_M

@Anonymous wrote:

So today looked in the Subscription Center and I found a River and Floof Analysis module for 2014:

Page not found error for me... but maybe because I don't have the Ultimate IDS?

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 149 of 152
matts

It is still listed here as avaialbe in both packages Smiley Sad

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-autocad-civil-3d/features.analysis.view-list

Matthew Schmidt, PE
Project Engineer
Hampton Technical Associates, Inc.
Message 150 of 152

Thank you for the alert. I have submitted a Tracker Request so our web team can make the correction.

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 151 of 152
jmayo-EE

Still an issue. Thanks for the update workflow.

John Mayo, PE, CFM, CME
Message 152 of 152
scott.sheppard
in reply to: jmayo-EE

I get a page not found when I navigate to:

http://www.autodesk.com/products/autodesk-autocad-civil-3d/features.analysis.view-list 

Scott Sheppard
Program Manager
Autodesk Labs
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report