Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rise/Run labels (How can I get the whole numbers to omit decimals)

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
824 Views, 3 Replies

Rise/Run labels (How can I get the whole numbers to omit decimals)

Right now my rise/run labels report with 2 decimal places "2.00:1"  but I would like it to read "2:1".  Only thing is if I change the precision and my slope happens to be "2.25:"=1" my label will be incorrectly reading "2.1".  So what I really need is a label that is smart enough to know when the decimal portion is = to "0" and then somehow omit it. 

Thanks to anyone that can solve this... (Showing unnecessary decimals is so annoying)

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Civil3DReminders
in reply to: Anonymous
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks for the link.  Looks like it would work with a standard number, but it's acting strange with the slope number which can be reported in rise/run or run/rise (i.e. 2:1).  I don't think the expression knows how to evaluate this.  It doesn't give me any error, but it also seems to return both values as negatives and the values don't corrolate with the rise/run value (i.e. if the slope is 2:1 the return values are -0.5 and -1.0.   Please help!!!

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Update!!!

I figured it out.  I just needed to convert the surface slope value into an absolute value and divide it by 1 to get the run value.  Thanksf ro your help!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report