AutoCAD Civil 3D General Discussion

docroussie
Message 1 of 3 (578 Views)
Accepted Solution

Ribbon/Panel Difference in Education Suite???

578 Views, 2 Replies
06-30-2012 03:57 PM

Hi,

I have the education suite of AutoCAD Civil 3D 2013 and bought a book to run through a series of tutorials so I could learn the program but I am having difficulty because the ribbons and panels do not look the same. My Home tab does not show the Palettes, Create Design and Profile & Section, nor do I have a Toolspace icon or Prospector Tab.  Is there a difference between the regular version of AutoCAD Civil 3D and education version?  This makes it difficult to learn the program as a student.  If not, how do I obtain these tabs and ribbons.  I have enclosed a picture of what my home tab currently looks like.  I did right click in the gray space to ensure all my tabs were activated.  Thanks.

*Expert Elite*
Jeff_M
Message 2 of 3 (576 Views)

Re: Ribbon/Panel Difference in Education Suite???

06-30-2012 04:28 PM in reply to: docroussie

It appears you have started plain AutoCAD, not Civil3D. Note the top left corner, the "A" specifically. Now look at this image and note that it is purple and it says "C3D" below the "A".

6-30-2012 4-26-44 PM.png

Make sure you use the correct shortcut to start Civil3D and you should be good to go.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
docroussie
Message 3 of 3 (574 Views)

Re: Ribbon/Panel Difference in Education Suite???

06-30-2012 04:35 PM in reply to: Jeff_M

Thank you! Using the correct program makes all the difference. I didn't realize I was using the wrong shortcut.

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs