Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ribbon Edits

8 REPLIES 8
SOLVED
Message 1 of 9
cattjake
771 Views, 8 Replies

Ribbon Edits

Hello,

I would like to make my "Layers" Ribbon wider so that I can read more of the layer name that what is currently shown.

Where do I find this option in the CUI?

Jacob

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
MarkPendergraft
in reply to: cattjake

In CUI
Expand the tree as follows:

Ribbon => Home - Layers => Row 3 => Layer Combo Control

Under  the Minimum Width property, change the setting from NaN to 300.  From there you can see how wide that makes the control, and then play with it.

-Mark

Message 3 of 9
sadkuh
in reply to: MarkPendergraft

Now thats nifty but I don't use layers thru the ribbon, I use the "Layers" toolbar.  It took a bit to track down what you said to modify but I'm not seeing it change..is there a different setting to tweek to adjust width for the layer dropdown in the layer toolbar?

btw, I'm using Civil 3D 2011.

Message 4 of 9
cattjake

that is glorious! thanks for the help... so many settings wasnt sure where to go.

Message 5 of 9
MarkPendergraft
in reply to: sadkuh

I don't think you can modify the Layers toolbar.  I looked into it for about 15 minutes, and only figured out how to move controls around on it, not widen them.  The ribbon layer control and toolbar layer control are not connected.

-Mark

btw, my original post should say:

Ribbon => Panels => Home - Layers => Row 3 => Layer Combo Control

Message 6 of 9
sadkuh

Gotcha and thank you for taking a look.  I've been playing with it also and the 2 are definatly not connected. Maybe I should start using the Ribbon but it's kind of a habbit to use custom toolbars and key-in cutom alias's for my work after doing so for almost 20 years now.  Thanks again

Message 7 of 9
MarkPendergraft
in reply to: sadkuh

The ribbon was a big change for me (I'm a type everything kind of guy), but now that I'm used to it, I don't know how I lived without it.  BTW, the ribbon is VERY easily customized.  You can create your own tabs, panels, etc, with just the commands that you want.  You could add the layers panel to every tab, so it's always showing.  You can also undock the ribbon from the top and put it below, to the left, right, or just leave it floating like a big custom toolbar.

-Mark

Message 8 of 9
Neilw_05

What files do we need to copy in order to distribute a customized ribbon for users off the network?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 9 of 9
MarkPendergraft
in reply to: Neilw_05

The CUIX files are the ones you need to copy.  You can also create partial CUIX files and load those (which is what I would recommend, rather than overwriting the default tabs).  You can do that by using the transfer tab in the CUI dialog to move custom ribbons/tabs/toolbars/etc to a new cuix file.  Then you can save your new .cuix file to wherever you'd like.  Once you have the file, you can load it inside the CUI dialog, or by using CUILOAD and browsing to the file.

-Mark

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report