Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reverse a linetype

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
abetts
1870 Views, 10 Replies

Reverse a linetype

I have a polyline in my drawing, consisting of arcs and lines all joined together. It is a waterline and I cannot get it to reverse.. it is reading ----M----- instead of -----W-----

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
tcorey
in reply to: abetts

Perhaps your linetype definition uses a U value for angle, so the text remains upright (to the U value, so 180 would make it upside down) no matter how the object is rotated. Take a look at the linetype file and see if this could be your issue.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 11
mathewkol

How are you trying to reverse it?

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 11
tcorey
in reply to: mathewkol

Matt, I assume he used the Reverse command. That doesn't work on U-coded linetypes.

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 5 of 11
rkmcswain

Its possible that the OP does not have the .LIN file.

In that case, you could use TO-LIN.LSP to extract the linetype definition to a file for inspection.

http://www.turvill.com/t2/free_stuff/to-lin.lsp

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 11
mathewkol

Tim, indeed, I'm just covering the hopefully obvious.

OP, there is a REALLY annoying problem with the feature Tim spoke of. If your view is not North up could have a situation where no linetypes are upright.

I avoid them and create a copy of the linetype where the text is rotated 180 degrees.
Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 7 of 11
abetts

The solution to this ended up being simple. Once selecting the line, in the bottom of the properties box there is an option for "Linetype Generation", it was disabled. Once enabling, all was fixed.

Thank for the suggestion guys!

Message 8 of 11
tcorey

Boy do I feel dumb for not getting that one! I knew that contolled where the patterns fall, but I had no idea it would affect the rotation of the lettering. So, in your linetype, you're using U coding for angle, plus Linetype Generation turned on?

Tim

Tim Corey
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

Message 9 of 11
abetts
in reply to: tcorey

I'm a girl. 🙂 Aubrey Betts CAD Technician Lennon, Smith, Souleret Engineering, Inc. 846 Fourth Avenue, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (412) 264-4400 Ext. 205 www.lsse.com
Message 10 of 11
abetts
in reply to: tcorey

It seems so. I didn't know this either but whatever works I suppose! Aubrey Betts CAD Technician Lennon, Smith, Souleret Engineering, Inc. 846 Fourth Avenue, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (412) 264-4400 Ext. 205 www.lsse.com
Message 11 of 11
abetts
in reply to: mathewkol

I was just typing in "reverse". It typically works. Aubrey Betts CAD Technician Lennon, Smith, Souleret Engineering, Inc. 846 Fourth Avenue, Coraopolis, PA 15108 (412) 264-4400 Ext. 205 www.lsse.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report