Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Retaining Wall grading object - "Crash"

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
285 Views, 2 Replies

Retaining Wall grading object - "Crash"

Trying to create a grading object from a feature line that is offset 0.4 meters at 625% and Civil 3D crashes every time. The grading object represents a 2.5 meter high segmental block retaining wall which slopes 4 degrees offset from vertical. My feature line varies in elevation. Tried to create this in a new drawing. Still crashes. The wall will be terraced sort of like my lame illustration shown below. I also tried other grading criteria with same results (i.e. 0.16:1 slope @ 0.4 meter offset; relative elevation 2.5 offset 0.4 meters). I would like to use grading transitions too but can't because of "Fatal Errors". ---- | | ---- | | ---- | | ------------- Dave D.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have also had mixed results grading from feature lines. One suggestion, is to start with a simple featureline, and apply the grading. Then make your design more complex, and build more complex feature lines. You may find where the the problem is.
Message 3 of 3
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Moving back to LDT. Can't take not be able to use grading objects. "Dave D" wrote in message news:41ed792e$1_2@newsprd01... > Trying to create a grading object from a feature line that is offset 0.4 > meters at 625% and Civil 3D crashes every time. The grading object > represents a 2.5 meter high segmental block retaining wall which slopes 4 > degrees offset from vertical. My feature line varies in elevation. Tried > to create this in a new drawing. Still crashes. The wall will be > terraced sort of like my lame illustration shown below. I also tried > other grading criteria with same results (i.e. 0.16:1 slope @ 0.4 meter > offset; relative elevation 2.5 offset 0.4 meters). I would like to use > grading transitions too but can't because of "Fatal Errors". > > ---- > | > | > ---- > | > | > ---- > | > | > ------------- > > Dave D. >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report