Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replacing Lines Representing Ditches into Actual Ditches

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
msnyde18
200 Views, 3 Replies

Replacing Lines Representing Ditches into Actual Ditches

So I am trying to model the hydrology of a construction site using AutoCAD drawings.  All of the lines have elevation data which I can use to create a DEM of the site and model the waterflow.  All of the lines except for the lines representing ditches.  The ditches are labeled as having elevations of zero feet and are not really ditches at all... just lines.  Naturally this screws up the model quite a bit.  I am hoping to replace the lines with ditches that have defined elevations, cross-sections and slopes, but I don't know how to go about doing that.  I have no background in Civil3D, but I was hoping that there would be some way to easily do this.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Neilw_05
in reply to: msnyde18

I can't think of any way to model the ditches without elevation data.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
AEC Collection/C3D 2024, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 10 64 PRO

http://www.sec-landmgt.com
Message 3 of 4
AllenJessup
in reply to: msnyde18

Assuming that the other entities will model the surface (existing or proposed) and that you know what depth and slope you want for your ditch. You could create an alignment, existing profile and proposed profile then run an assembly down the alignment to create your ditch as a corridor. Or you could use featurelines to create the ditch tops and bottom and add those featurelines to your surface.

If you don't have the design criteria for the ditch. There's not much you can do.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 4 of 4
msnyde18
in reply to: AllenJessup

Thanks a lot!  I used a feature line and it worked perfectly.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report