Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repath data shortcut

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
wilsonm2000
2729 Views, 4 Replies

Repath data shortcut

Hi guys

I want to be able to repath a data shortcut I have on my drawing to a file thats on my C: drive, how do I do this?  Its just for this one drawing I want to do it with, so the Data Shortcuts Editor is no good to me.

Cheers

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
antoniovinci
in reply to: wilsonm2000

First delete the old .LNK file, then browse to your .DWG in Explorer, right click on it, and now you have 2 choices:

1] CREATE SHORTCUT (in place)

2] SEND TO => DESKTOP 

Message 3 of 5
wilsonm2000
in reply to: antoniovinci

Hi antoniovinci

I meant a Civil 3D Data Shortcut 🙂

Message 4 of 5
jmatthei
in reply to: wilsonm2000

I found an approach that's a bit ridiculous, but seems to work.

1)  Be sure nobody else is using your old source or destination file for anything--get them to close out.

2)  Temporarily rename your old source file to something else.  Like add a "temp" after it or something.  This will break your existing links.

3)  Open your destination file. You will get a broken link error box.

4)  Go through the broken link boxes to point to your new source file.  Save.

5)  Rename your old source file back to its original name, to unbreak the link to all the other drawings.

I haven't found a way to do this without breaking the links--which makes this procedure pretty annoying for anybody else on the project team, but it does seem to work.

My terminology:

Old Source File:  Where the original surface lives - the one you don't want to reference anymore.

New Source File:  Where the desired surface lives - the one you do want to reference.

Destination File:  The file you're working in with the data shortcuts to the surface files.

Jeremy

Message 5 of 5
wilsonm2000
in reply to: jmatthei

Hi Jeremy, thats actually what I ended up doing, hehe.  Not the prettiest, but it did the job 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report