Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Renew the subscripton

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
rpichardo
593 Views, 1 Reply

Renew the subscripton

Hello team,

I am the administrator of the subscriptions that annually pay my company, as administrator and as one of the benefit of the subscription , I can download the newest version of the Autocad Civil 3D software, as well as the older.

My question is:

As I have already downloaded and installed the latest versions (2011, 2012,2013), what will happen if in this year we did not renew my subscription?, the versions that I have installed will stop work?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
tcorey
in reply to: rpichardo

You should read the Autodesk End User License Agreement. That spells out benefits and responsibilities.

If you let your subscription lapse, you are required to uninstall all old versions. You are only allowed to run the most current version that has been fulfilled (made available for download on your account) by Autodesk. Running older versions is a benefit of subscription, so letting subscription lapse means that benefit is gone.

The old software that is installed on your systems will not stop running automatically. You need to uninstall it.

Another benefit of subscription is home use, so you will need to make sure that employees using home copies of the company software uninstall it. Also, any user that has an additional copy installed on a laptop will need to uninstall that.

You might reconsider dropping your subscription. Take a look at the cost for upgrades, almost five grand per Civil 3D seat, against yearly maintenance subscription. Add in the likelihood that next year will see a new .dwg database, making you incompatible, and you will see that staying on subscription might be best for your company in the long run. Call your local reseller and they can explain it in detail.

Best regards,

Tim

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report