Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rendering grades problem

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Garvess
324 Views, 4 Replies

Rendering grades problem

Ive been using civil 3d to design a subdivision and I'm doing the grades for the lots now. The grading tools are working fine but my problem is that whenever the drawing is viewed in 3d realistic the surface is still spilling on top of my lots. The surface doesn't seem to be changed by the cut and fill being applied. Could anybody give me any clues as to how I could fix this?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
cyndycyndycyndy
in reply to: Garvess

How are the lot grades being put into "the surface".

Cyndy Davenport
Civil BIM Professional & Enthusiast
Contributing Author to Mastering Civil 3D
Decades of Experience
Message 3 of 5
ericcollins6932

Your posting is a little vague. Do you mean that your EG surface is spilling over your FG surface in areas of cut when viewing both surfaces in 3D? If so, it will do that as in 3D it shows the higher of the two surfaces on top regardless of what you have designed for the FG.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019
Message 4 of 5
Garvess
in reply to: ericcollins6932

Yeah my existing ground is spilling onto my road corridor and lots when I visualize it in 3d. It just seemed to me like there must be a way to may a way to fix it because I've seen so many civil 3d drawings online that look great in 3d with no issues like that.

Message 5 of 5
ericcollins6932

I would suggest copying your EG and pasting your FG into it - which will give you a composite surface for viewing purposes.

Eric Collins, P.Tech.(Eng.)

Win 10
Intel i7 9700 @ 3 GHz
16 GB RAM
Civil 3D 2019

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report