Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rename or Delete Pipe Material in Pipe Properties

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
293 Views, 4 Replies

Rename or Delete Pipe Material in Pipe Properties

When you go to the Pipe Properties for a Pipe, under the Part Properties tab in the Part Data area, you can assign a new material. Unfortunately, in my testing, I entered my name as a material. I am now kicking myself because I realize I cannot delete it or rename it to something real.

These values appear to be global. Where are these values stored and can they be deleted or renamed?
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tehrman
in reply to: Anonymous

I realize it has been some time since you posted but in looking for the same thing I found the answer. The list is stored in the root of your Pipe Catalog in the file AeccSharedPropertyLists.xml. Materials can be added and removed there if you are a little familiar with editing xml.
-Torrey
Message 3 of 5
T_Bernhard

I posted a document outlining the process involved in removing Optional Properties (Material included) in the following thread: http://discussion.autodesk.com/thread.jspa?messageID=5451232. Yeah, I know, some people don't like opening .DOC format file, but I'll personally guarantee it's clean, for whatever that's worth. I can't guarantee the results of the process. 🙂

HTH,
Trevor
Message 4 of 5
tehrman

Thanks for sharing Trevor. Your document was very helpful.
-Torrey
Message 5 of 5
dodgese2
in reply to: tehrman

That's exactly what I needed. Changed "Corrugated HDPE pipe" to "Corr HDPE" and added one additional CMP for corrugated metal pipe

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report