Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing something that wasn't added?

43 REPLIES 43
Message 1 of 44
Anonymous
5511 Views, 43 Replies

This is new to me - what's this all about?  2014.

Tags (1)
43 REPLIES 43
Message 2 of 44
neilyj666
in reply to: Anonymous

seen something similar in 2013 , no idea what it means or a solution......

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 44
Matt_Haokip

Hi Schroeder,

Could you please specify what trigger that message and if it interferes with the functioning of the program? It appears that this may be an OS issue as I can see a similar thread from MS which appears to be a benign message:

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/winserverClustering/thread/931977bc-0885-4d16-8750-...

Thanks,

If my post answers your question, please mark it as an Accepted Solution, so that others can find answers quickly!

Matt Haokip
Message 4 of 44
rkmcswain

@Anonymous wrote:

This is new to me - what's this all about?  2014.

Take a look at: http://usa.autodesk.com/getdoc/TS22358998

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 44
{Daniel}
in reply to: rkmcswain

We had the same kind of errors in the office.

We successfully reproduced those errors by playing with the brand new *buggy* drawing tab-bar.

When one was jumping from one dwg to another using the tab-bar, after a few seconds an error would pop on the screen saying "removing something that wasn't added" and gibberish code error then Abort Retry Ignore.

Abort and retry would make autocad 2014 c3d crash but ignore would leave it at peace

As I said, playing with the tab bar jumping from one dwg to another a few times, made the errors pop one over the other with increased gibberish code error.
Closing the tab in option>display> file tab unchecked helped us (until now at least)

We continued digging after that and found that holding [Ctrl]+[Tab] for about 3sec would make the error pops out again
The computer we used has
ACAD 2014 c3d
version I.18.0.0
(No SP1)
win7 64bit
Be gentle with ACAD 2014 C3D when jumping from file to file.

Hope that help

NB: look here for a screen shot of the error: http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/autocad-civil-3d/troubleshooting/caas/discussion/t5/AutoCAD-Ci...

Message 6 of 44
Anonymous
in reply to: {Daniel}

Untitled.png

autocad civil x64 sp1

windows 8.1 x64

Message 7 of 44
rkmcswain
in reply to: {Daniel}

daka90 wrote:

We successfully reproduced those errors by playing with the brand new *buggy* drawing tab-bar.

When one was jumping from one dwg to another using the tab-bar, after a few seconds an error would pop on the screen saying "removing something that wasn't added" and gibberish code error then Abort Retry Ignore.

I tend to agree that this is drawing tabs related. Had a user with this error today and it occurred while switching drawing tabs.

hr00.png

Message 8 of 44
Jeff_M
in reply to: rkmcswain

My turn to dig up an old post. I am running into this today in C3D 2016 when publishing a sheet set. It occurs near the end of the set, with just 1 or 2 sheets left to print. I may have 2 drawings open for edit, both with tabs in the SheetSet, will need to test some more but out of time for the day.

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 9 of 44
rharvey4J4N9
in reply to: Jeff_M

Our office has been having this issue frequently with our new 2019 download. Like Jeff said, while plotting in the background our plots get stuck on one of the sheets and never complete, but if plotting is switched to the foreground we receive this error. Does anyone have an update? 

Message 10 of 44
claimed4all
in reply to: rharvey4J4N9

Also looking for answers.  I am getting this message in C3D 2018 and C3D 2020.

I get it when opening about 30% of my drawings, or when I publish.  Its really annoying when I publish as I have to click ignore for each and every referenced file.

Message 11 of 44
vaughan.giles7AGEV

2021 here - still no official fix or reason for the cause?

Message 12 of 44

2022 Still checking.  I am having it happen when I publish.

Message 13 of 44
C3D_TomR
in reply to: cody.faltin

I'm seeing this same error in Civil 3D 2023, but only with certain drawing templates. Recover and audit don't fix the issue with the template. The same template works fine with other versions of Civil 3D.

Tom Richardson

Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature
Autodesk Certified Professional in Civil 3D for Infrastructure Design
AutoCAD Certified Professional
------------------------------------
Autodesk AEC Community Blog
Crossing the line with Civil 3D
Twitter | LinkedIn
------------------------------------
Austin CAD User Group Resources
Blog | Discord | LinkedIn

Autodesk Group Network Leader

Message 14 of 44
rkmcswain

9-1/2 years later. Still getting this.

rkmcswain_0-1660247513826.png

Message 15 of 44
J-Porter

Time for me to chime in. . .still seeing this in the year 2022 in Civil 3D 2022.  

Message 16 of 44
mherrmannPDMN6
in reply to: J-Porter

I am seeing this in a fresh install of Civil 3D 2023. Happens when I open the program or a drawing.

---------------------------
Assertion Failed: Abort=Quit, Retry=Debug, Ignore=Continue

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.AcMgInputContextReactor.remove(AcMgInputContextReactor* , Int64 flag)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.Editor.removeInputContextEvent(Int64 flag)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.EditorInput.Editor.remove_EnteringQuiescentState(EventHandler value)

at Autodesk.Civil.Groundforce.CommonUI.ConnectToApp(Object sender, EventArgs args)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.DocumentCollectionEventHandler.Invoke(Object sender, DocumentCollectionEventArgs e)

at Autodesk.AutoCAD.ApplicationServices.DocumentCollection.FireDocumentActivated(DocumentCollectionEventArgs e)

Abort Retry Ignore

Message 17 of 44
tcorey
in reply to: mherrmannPDMN6

Stab in the dark...

Upgrade your .NET Framework.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 18 of 44
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: tcorey

Hi Tim

I would agree but I have been running 22 for months without a sign and just got the popup for the first time. Weird

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Message 19 of 44
J-Porter
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

Also, we've only noticed this in a few drawings; not all.  It's somewhat inconsistent.  

Message 20 of 44
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: J-Porter

Alarming looking dialog

Joe Bouza

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report