Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Removing item from selection set causes fatal error in 2013

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
hb
Participant
589 Views, 7 Replies

Removing item from selection set causes fatal error in 2013

Hey all,

Has anyone else experienced this.  I go to erase a line or a piece of text or block, doesn't seem to matter really.  Anyways I select one too many items so I hit "r" for remove and select the item to remove and bam, I fatal error, civil 3D shuts down, asks if I'd like to save the file and then also submits an error report to the great unknown.

Any thoughts on how to cure this?

Civil 3D 2013, on 64 bit Windows 7 with all updates.

Heidi B.

Tags (1)
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
wfberry
in reply to: hb

When you are finished selecting items to erase move the cursor away from any selected items, then use the DELETE key to erase.

Bill

Message 3 of 8
hb
Participant
in reply to: wfberry

Bill,

Great idea.  One problem though the minute i select the item, after I've told it to remove selected items, it fatal errors, I don't get a chance to move the cursor away.  But if I could I would trust me. Any other thoughts on this?

Heidi B.

Message 4 of 8
wfberry

I don't have this problem, perhaps you need to do a repair of your installation.   Takes about 5 minutes.

Bill

(Do a Google search if necessary)

Message 5 of 8
bachrist

Having the same problem on multiple workstations with a fatal error after using "R" or "shift" to remove an entity from a selection set. 

Was there a solution determined for this problem?....

Message 6 of 8
hb
Participant

Nope, never found a solution, still does it to this day even after all the hotfixes. Sincerely, Heidi Boutwell Sr. Civil Designer [Description: cid:image001.jpg@01CC0665.75220890] 1015 N. Broadway Ave, Suite 300 Oklahoma City, OK 73102 Phone (405) 842.1066 ext. 233 Fax (405) 843.4687 Iphone (360) 870.3218 hb@cardinalengineers.com
Message 7 of 8
hgohel

This is defect 1460720 that we are are actively working on.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 8 of 8
hgohel

Please install Hotfix 2 for Civil 3D 2013 for a resolution to defect 1460720.

Himanshu Gohel
Autodesk, Inc.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report