Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove mask from one label

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
AllenJessup
1155 Views, 6 Replies

Remove mask from one label

Is there a way to remove the background mask from one label that has a style that calls for a mask? The way I've handled it was to create a Child of that style that has no mask. I was wondering if there was quicker way.

Allen Jessup

Civil 3D 2012 SP 3
Dell Precision T7400, Xeon CPU 3.16 GHz
Win 7 Pro, 64-bit,12 GB RAM, Nvidia Quadro FX 4600

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
sboon
in reply to: AllenJessup

I don't know if this is any faster - it might qualify as the most kludgy workaround I've ever come up with...

Clipboard01.png

I edited this label style and duplicated the text component of the label.  There are now two pieces of text stacked on top of each other.  The original one has a background mask, the duplicate does not.  I used Ctrl Select to pick one of the labels and then edited the text.  I erased all of the text in that component (with the mask) which leaves the unmasked copy visible.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 3 of 7
wizengr

Assuming I understand your question well, try one of these two options and see if any works for you:

1. In the Label Style Composer, select the component with the mask and set its visibility to false

or

2. In the Label Style Composer, click the Draw-order button (top RHS) and send the component with the mask to the bottom of the hierarchy.

Message 4 of 7
wizengr
in reply to: wizengr

The third option there is a Background mask option in the Label Style Composer you can set to mask.

Message 5 of 7
rkmcswain

@AllenJessup wrote:

Is there a way to remove the background mask from one label that has a style that calls for a mask? The way I've handled it was to create a Child of that style that has no mask. I was wondering if there was quicker way. 

Yes. I wish you could do "style overrides" via "Properties" without having to make a new style. Smiley Indifferent

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 6 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: sboon

Thanks Steve. I think I'll stick with the child style. That way I can use it anytime.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

Message 7 of 7
AllenJessup
in reply to: wizengr

When the label style is edited it changes all the labels with that style. I just want to change one particular parcel segment label.

Allen

Allen Jessup
CAD Manager - Designer

EESignature

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report