Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Relative path data shortcuts

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
mariepl
1895 Views, 8 Replies

Relative path data shortcuts

Has anyone ever tried changing data shortcuts to relative paths by manually editing them? I did it without any problems, but I was wondering if anybody could see a reason NOT to do this....

Also, can Civil 3D create data shortcuts using relative paths automatically?
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
codyg
in reply to: mariepl

I am not sure, but a great idea. For those of us who aren't using Vault right now - maybe something that can be added to Reference Manager also.
Message 3 of 9
mariepl

Thanks for answering... anybody else got an opinion on this one?
Message 4 of 9
hallgrimur

Hi

How do you edit them manually to make them relative path.

Hallgrímur
Message 5 of 9
dlinford

How do you manually edit data shortcuts to have relative paths?

I'm in AutoCAD Civil 3D 2008.

Thanks,
David
Message 6 of 9
Ashmodai

I know this thread is old but It would be massively beneficial If I could get some info on making the data shortcut paths relative. I've tried editing the files but I can't seem to get them to work. Is there a specific syntax that I should be using? If anyone has an example file they could share I would be extremely grateful. I've been scouring the internet for hours with no result.

Message 7 of 9
nloder

I believe it would be in the Data Shortcuts Editor, a separate program that should be under Autodesk in your Start Menu.

Message 8 of 9
Ashmodai

Thanks, but I've tried that to no end. Data Shortcut editor only allows me to enter a full path, I want to create a template folder with some standard referenced objects that when I set it up it automatically detects the current folder tree. The original poster apparently got this to work by editing the XML files but when I use something like "..\DWG\Surfaces\pg.dwg:pg-srf" and I set my working folder Civil 3D still forces me to fix the broken shortcuts. Am I using the wrong format for designating relative paths or is this something that worked previously but they've "fixed" since? I could understand why it's not working if that's the case.

Message 9 of 9
Ashmodai
in reply to: Ashmodai

stupid emoticons 😛 = colon,p

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report