Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regapp ID Threshold

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
897 Views, 3 Replies

Regapp ID Threshold

Using the Regapp Cleanup Tool why is the default 50? Why not set the threshold to 1? I don't see the point of having any unreferenced IDs. Would the drawing be negatively impacted if the threshold was set to 1?
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

because it takes time to clean (and save) drawings.
If you have 10,000 drawings to do, that adds up.
Having dealt with app ids since ver 2002 now, they only become an issue at between 50k to 120k of them.
The problem is they spread so fast that its best to not wait til they build up.
So I tell people to purge dwgs with more than 4k.

You are correct though, any unused app ids are simply useless data being lugged around.
The real soution is some kind of doc mgmt software that scans all new drawings added to a server for app id count.
That means cataloging what was already scanned, I think progs like Altima can do that, but the authors do not realize
how we can use the awesome tool they have created, so it might not be part of their database engine.

sakka252 <>
|>Using the Regapp Cleanup Tool why is the default 50? Why not set the threshold to 1? I don't see the point of having any unreferenced IDs. Would the drawing be negatively impacted if the threshold was set to 1?
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

I am just now getting familar with regapp ids, so just to clarify ... the threshold on the utility is in thousands?
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

no, that is the number I use at my office. I would say set to 200 if you are really conservative, 4000 if medium, and
20000 if liberal. How do you know your files need to be cleaned anyway? Did you get failed audits, or unresolved
xrefs? if not, they only slow things down.

Whatever you do, do not add a -PURGE command to your acad.lsp to try to clean files.
That works when they are not a problem, and fails (lockups) when they are. An outside cleaning tool is best, like you
are doing.

sakka252 <>
|>I am just now getting familar with regapp ids, so just to clarify ... the threshold on the utility is in thousands?
James Maeding
Civil Engineer and Programmer
jmaeding - at - hunsaker - dotcom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report