Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing surface for pipes already placed

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
184 Views, 3 Replies

Referencing surface for pipes already placed

I have been working on a site layout, and the engineers changed the final topo. I have imported a DEM file, and changes all of my pipe networks to reference this final grade. But all of the pipes I have placed do not reference this surface, but all of the networks do. Other than changing all of the pipes individually (which is what I have started to do through Pipe Properties) is there a quicker and easier way to have all of the pipes reference my new surface, and also is there a quicker way to apply my rules to this new surface other than the same way (through Pipe Properties changing my rules, and right click to apply rules).

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Pipes Drop Down Menu->Apply Rules. Select parts from the upstream to downstream to Apply Rules to.
Message 3 of 4
mathewkol

In the prospector, for each network, highlight all of your pipes then find the column for referenced surface.  Right click the "Referenced Surface" header and choose edit.  Then select the new surface.  Do the same for the structures.

Matt Kolberg
SolidCAD Professional Services
http://www.solidcad.ca /
Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

Thanks a lot! You guys really saved me a lot of time.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report