Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Referencing Utility Networks

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
martin888888
269 Views, 5 Replies

Referencing Utility Networks

When referencing utility networks into other drawing files is there a way to set styles and layers for the network so it is imported correctly with the same styles and layers as the orginla drawing?  

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Joe-Bouza
in reply to: martin888888

Is it more than making sure the same part list a styles are in both files? I have to try

Your Name
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

Your Name

EESignature

Message 3 of 6
martin888888
in reply to: Joe-Bouza

yea, I have the same style and part list in each drawing.  When you reference it in it asks for what layer you want pipes and structures on but doesnt ask for what style you want to use.  I cant find what is dictating the style that it is inserted on.

Message 4 of 6
Jay_B

It's best to use the same template the pipe networks were created from containing the same parts lists and same styles.

If you're asking about the pipe network "Object Layers", see this thread for a couple different approaches to managing object layers for various network types whether creating or data referencing pipe networks.
http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCAD-Civil-3D-General/Network-Parts-List-Layers/m-p/4770399/highlig...
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 5 of 6
Jay_B

If you wish to specify the styles to be populated in the create pipe network reference dialog, explore the Pipe Network Feature Settings and Command Settings for Create pipe network reference. Not in front of a work station so naming might be slightly different. Default styles can be specified here.
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 6 of 6
martin888888
in reply to: Jay_B

thanks!!  I see how its set up, within the parts list there is a default style setting for each pipe type and size that it defaults to when referenced. 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report