AutoCAD Civil 3D General

*Expert Elite*
Neilw
Message 11 of 13 (121 Views)

Re: Reduced Maximum Length for Surface Triangles Causes Surface Holes

10-31-2012 03:23 PM in reply to: LeafRiders

Since the supplementing settings are inactive for proximity breaklines then I'll have to say you cannot apply supplements to proximity breaklines. However when you first add the proximity breaklines you will see an option to convert them to standard breaklines. So what I think you can do is use the option to convert the proximity breaklines and after they have been added to the surface, import them back into your drawing from the surface. This will generate them as 3D featurelines. You can then add those as standard breaklines using the suplement options. It's clunky but I am not aware of any more direct approach.

I've little experience with Survey figures but is there not a way to add them to a surface directly from the survey database?

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
Infrastructure Suite/C3D 2013, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 7 64 PRO
HP Pavillion h8xt, i7 2600, 12 GB
RADEON 6450, 1 GB
http://www.sec-landmgt.com
*Expert Elite*
LeafRiders
Message 12 of 13 (114 Views)

10-31-2012 03:41 PM in reply to: Neilw

Survey FIgures you can add them directly, but cleanup and editing is a nightmare. It's much easier working with straight up Plines. I've found that since we use some of these breaklines along the way for the odd alignment creation that getting the figures converted to a flattened Pline helps me down the road. The autogenerated survey figures based on figure prefix databases is the way to go. In fact we usually sort our CSV file from N-S or E-W and the breakliens are virtually created without alot of editing. Editing survey figures (within the survey database) is very cumbersome none-the-less.  Thanks for the idea though I'll give this a try.

*Expert Elite*
Neilw
Message 13 of 13 (111 Views)

10-31-2012 03:55 PM in reply to: LeafRiders

Your comment about editing survey figures being cumbersome is one reason why I haven't used them much. I got frustrated with the workflow and ended up exploding them down to independent entities.

Neil Wilson (a.k.a. neilw)
Infrastructure Suite/C3D 2013, LDT 2004, Power Civil v8i SS1
WIN 7 64 PRO
HP Pavillion h8xt, i7 2600, 12 GB
RADEON 6450, 1 GB
http://www.sec-landmgt.com

You are not logged in.

Log into access your profile, ask and answer questions, share ideas and more. Haven't signed up yet? Register

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.

Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions to get help installing your software.

Ask the Community

Civil 3D Exchange Apps

Created by the community for the community, Autodesk Exchange Apps for AutoCAD Civil 3D helps you achieve greater speed, accuracy, and automation from concept to manufacturing.

Connect with Civil 3D

Twitter

Facebook

Blogs