Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reapplying/restoring rule sets to created pipes

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Lyonstp
323 Views, 2 Replies

Reapplying/restoring rule sets to created pipes

I was wondering if it was possible to restore a rule set to an existing pipe. we created a pipe network with about 100 pipes in it with a min. depth set to 6 ft. the pipes all came in with varying slopes, which is what we intended. someone in our group went through and set all the pipe slopes to zero for some reason and we need to undo that. this was done on the same day the drawing was created, the changes were saved and the drawing was closed so we can't "undo" and there is no previous version to restore to. my question is, is there some way we can select the network and "restore" the origially intended rules, or are we stuck with either redrawing all the pipes or manually changing the slopes back. (both would be an extreme waste of time)  
:

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
tcorey
in reply to: Lyonstp

Go to the Modify tab of the Ribbon. Select Pipe Network from the Design panel. Expand the Modify panel, select Apply Rules.

Tim Corey
MicroCAD Training and Consulting, Inc.
Redding, CA
Autodesk Gold Reseller

New knowledge is the most valuable commodity on earth. -- Kurt Vonnegut
Message 3 of 3
dgordon
in reply to: tcorey

i set up a quick surface alignment and 3 pipes work of profile to test the solution offered by tcorey.

while it does apply the rules I noticed that the pipe slopes did not come in exactly like they did when first created.

So it's a good solution and might be what the original poster wanted.

without finding that command in the menu's i noticed if i selected more than one pipe the option for apply rules would no longer come up on the context sensative menu by right clicking.  

Nice work tcorey, I learned a new command from the ribbon Smiley Very Happy

Dan

Civil 3D 2013
Win 7 Pro x64
Intel Xeon 2.0GHz
12Gb Ram
ATI Firepro 4800
Dell T5500
www.preinnewhof.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report