Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Raster Image Scaling

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
jfrisbee
341 Views, 3 Replies

Raster Image Scaling

Ok, so I have put some raster images together to make a background image and scaled them to fit a drawing and this is consistent on two users in our office.  But when the other user logs in under his name, the scale of the images switch to the width of images, and the resolution reads 3.78 per cm instead of 37.79 per cm.  So he can't finish putting in images that I want at the constant scale?  Please any help would be great.

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
antoniovinci
in reply to: jfrisbee

In Map/Civil environment you should NEVER scale images, just because they should be georeferenced to the ground in a 1:1 scale.

You can transform "stupid" images to quasi-Geotiff ones, thru the following 2 steps:

1] command _ALIGN applied to each of them

2] run this utility on each of the aligned images

Message 3 of 4
rkmcswain
in reply to: antoniovinci

antoniovinci wrote:

In Map/Civil environment you should NEVER scale images

That is not always true. The images we use are on state plane grid coordinates and our working drawings are on state plane surface coordinates.

There is almost always a scale factor involved, generally in the neighborhood of 1.00013

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 4 of 4
jfrisbee
in reply to: rkmcswain

Ok so I guess what I am trying to say is that I scaled an image to fit a particular drawing in autocad.  So when I inserted the image I typed in a scale of 1620 for example.  So on two of our computers the scale of the image in the properties reads 1620.  But when the third computer opens this drawing the scale reads the same number as the width of the image, I think that it is because the resolution of the image is coming in at 3.78 per cm instead of the normal 37.79 per cm.  I want this computer to be able to put more images into the drawing at the consistent scale of 1620. Thanks

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report