Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random zooming to extents

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
tdrietz
955 Views, 5 Replies

Random zooming to extents

My C3D 2013 just started doing this last week...  I first noticed that it would zoom to extents when I operated the center mouse button for panning.  It was random, about 1 out of every 15 to 20 pans using the center button.  Someone suggested I get a new mouse.  Still did it. 

But then I noticed that it's not just the panning.  It will randomly zoom to extents when I type in a command. Earlier today, it did it when I did a REGEN, then again when I did a MAPWSPACE. 

The other notable thing is that there is no "zoom" command anywhere in the command history when this occurs. 

Besides changing the mice, I also tried rebooting and running a repair on C3D.  I have Win7-64. 

The problem seems to coincide with when I started using Autodesk 360.  Not saying it's related, but it's fishy. 

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
dhenderhan
in reply to: tdrietz

Double clicking center mouse button has always invoked zoom extents for me.  It does that to me too when I get to panning too quickly.  Not sure if there is a setting for it though?

Thanks,

David E. Henderhan, PLS
Civil 3D 2023
Dell Precision 3660 - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Intel (R) RTX A2000
12th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-12700 2.10 GHz
128 GB ram
Message 3 of 6
tdrietz
in reply to: dhenderhan

Yes, that's why I thought it was the mouse at first.  I use the double click mbutton all the time and I haven't changed my technique.  But it will do this even after typing in a command. 

BTW: you can disable the double center click zoom-to-extents by setting mbuttonpan=0.  But that also disables the center button pan function, which I can't live without. 

Message 4 of 6
Hidden_Brain

did you try setting UCSFOLLOW to 0 (zero)?

Message 5 of 6
tdrietz

Yep, UCSFOLLOW was already set to zero. 

Message 6 of 6
tdrietz

Just to follow up...

In my earlier post, I mentioned this problem seemed to coincide with when I started using AutoDesk 360. 

I know this makes absolutely no sense, but I discontinued using AutoDesk 360 and disabled the cloud sync.  I have not had the random zoom-to-extents issue since.  Go figure!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report