Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RIVER ANALYSIS 2014 HELP! HELP! Product Ver 1.18.0.0.HF1

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
rhschneider
488 Views, 4 Replies

RIVER ANALYSIS 2014 HELP! HELP! Product Ver 1.18.0.0.HF1

I am going crazy. Please somebody-- are there all sorts of problems with this program or am I hallucinating!!

Trying to reassign sections  Ribbon commands don't seem to work. When I use menu bar it will reassign all but 1st xsec. Also problems running compute when using bridge.

If there are issues with 2014, please be honest and tell us. I am wasting huge amount of time on this

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Everything works fine on my end.  Where did you get the River Analysis?  In the suite I am assuming?

Todd Rogers
Message 3 of 5

I have the Infrastructure Design Suite and it's version is 11.1.8.1

Todd Rogers
Message 4 of 5
fcernst
in reply to: rhschneider

Sounds like you are going through pure hell and misery. I bet you are no fun for the wife and kids to be around in the evening, day after day dealing with these struggles.

I tried the Beta for about two minutes, then tossed it.

I use the Export to HECRAS function, you know the one where it puts the sections backwards into HECRAS..

What are the benefits of River Analysis to engineers? I guess for preliminary runs?

For new projects in FEMA floodplains, Michael Baker wants us to download the very latest HECRAS version from the USACE site, and use that, as protocol. The local regulators follow suit on their non-FEMA jursdictional floodplains.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 5
rhschneider
in reply to: rhschneider

Fred:

That is exactly the conclusion I discovered.

What's irritating is Autodesk seems to developed these plug-ins and they remain a beta for a century or so. Very very frustrating. I did find some things--

it appears that Reach unique ID #1 is hard coded for the software , i.e. if it is edited to change the stream and reach name, when reloadingthe drawing the next time it reverts back to River #1 and Reach #1. Small item but creates a lot of confusion.

--HECRAS will accept a xsec id of 0 (zero). River will not-- again small item but confusing.

When computing model with bridge, have to first compute with bridge off then compute with bridge on.

--Also seems that reach tabs in ribbon act differently that river tab in menu bar.

It's a shame since the concept is good but results are not.

BTW the documentation must have been written by a 3rd grader!

As you can tell I am not a happy camper!!!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report