Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

REPORTING OF POINTS ON ALIGNMENT SPREADSHEET DEFAULTS.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
matkain
529 Views, 4 Replies

REPORTING OF POINTS ON ALIGNMENT SPREADSHEET DEFAULTS.

Howdy

When I create a report from 'Staion offsets to points' to excel, the Station, (what I would call chainage) is coming up as 3+10.00 in the spreadsheet. I need this to be 310.000 so I can apply formulas in excel. How do I change this.

I've changed the alignment label style to show it as this format, and it works fine thanks to some previous help here. I've also gone into 'Edit report settings' and changed alignment station display to ####, decimals to 3 places, yet it keeps giving me the same format with 2 decimals.

Also, in this report, how do I remove the metre symbol 'm' (i.e 1400m) from the offset and elevation display?

I really need some help as I need to create an excel spreadsheet with quite a lot of data, apply formulas, and I really don't want to remove every 'm' and rewrite every chainage.

There must be an easier way surely.

Can I also ask why is it '3+10.00'? In my years as a surveyor in Australia, I have never seen this. Where is this format used?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Jeff_M
in reply to: matkain

The "3+10" format is used by us Imperial units people. The setting for this that the report uses is the Alignment Feature setting. You can set the position as well as whether to use any station symbol at all.

Unfortunately, the 'm' after the elevation and offset is hardcoded into the report. To change it you would need to use VB.NET, make the change, then recompile the DLL. I would offer to do this quickly for you, but I have that report in a non-working state right now....I was working on adding the Selection of points by Group or normal selection in the drawing that you had wished for. I won't be able to finish that up until tonight or tomorrow night (California time).

Jeff_M, also a frequent Swamper
EESignature
Message 3 of 5
troma
in reply to: matkain

You can try using Find & Replace in Excel.
Find +, replace with nothing.
Find m, replace with nothing.
I think you have to do it with a non-breaking space too. In some reports at least every single number is preceded by a non-breaking space which prevents them being used in formulae.

Mark Green

Working on Civil 3D in Canada

Message 4 of 5
matkain
in reply to: Jeff_M

Thankyou Jeff

I've had a few days off and I appreciate your replies.

I won't try VB.net. One I don't even know what it and DLL are and two my IT skills are limited.

I've been using Acad for a very long time and consider myself quite adept. I switched to Civil3D for that reason to use with survey. I'm finding it very slow going though.

I'll persevere though and the beauty of it is there are quite a number of add ons I can get.

I found the style settings, and thanks also to Tromas reply, have easily removed the 'm' symbol.

The spreadsheet is now quite workable.

Mat

Kain Surveys.

Message 5 of 5
matkain
in reply to: troma

Thankyou Troma.

Regards

Mat Kain

Kain Surveys

Australia.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report