Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RE Strange Site Name thread and 2012 to 2014

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
doni49
200 Views, 4 Replies

RE Strange Site Name thread and 2012 to 2014

I didn't want to hijack the other thread with my own related question so I started a new thread.

We're supposed to be switching from C3D 2012 to C3D 2014 "soon" (we originally expected to switch this past fall but that didn't happen).  We've never had 2013 installed here at all.  So based on the experience of everyone here, should we be concerned about our own files or does the "infection" seem to happen only after opening an "infected" 2013 file?

If that's the case, should we refuse to accept 2013 files (we OCASSIONALLY receive dwg files from consultants but MOST of our work is done in house).

Don Ireland
Engineering Design Technician

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
doni49
in reply to: doni49

Also -- I just checked and we have C3D 2014 SP1.  As long as we don't open any infected files, are we ok?  Or should I tell the boss that we need to upgrade to SP2 before the roll out?

Don Ireland

If a reply solves your issue, please remember to click on "Accept as Solution". This will help other users looking to solve a similar issue. Thank you.

Please do not send a PM asking for assistance. That's what the forums are for. This allows everyone to benefit from the question asked and the answers given.

Message 3 of 5
Jay_B
in reply to: doni49

My opinion & it's just that Smiley Wink, would be to include SP2 right out of the gate due to the significant fixes it includes.

Some of the big ones included in SP2 readme for us are:

• An issue has been resolved where corridor materials were not being calculated for both sides of a roadway and in cases where there were corridors with multiple, non-parallel baselines.
  • An issue has been resolved where data-referenced gravity pipe network styles were reset when the source model was updated and the network was synchronized.
  • An issue has been resolved  where turning off the navigation bar and ViewCube would result in lineweights not being applied properly during plotting for certain AutoCAD Civil 3D objects.
  • An issue has been resolved where the north arrow was not being rotated properly when using the Plan Production tools.
  • An issue has been resolved where unexpected characters and text was added to objects in a drawing and within any drawings that were opened during the AutoCAD Civil 3D session.

One major caveat here is SP2 was released recently on 7/9/14 so it hasn't been tested a lot yet but we've began installing it on all our 2014 installs here and so far it's been fine. The included fixes included far outweigh the problems of SP1 IMHO.

I can't say for sure if the Strange Site Name aka "unexpected characters and text" is completely fixed in 2014 SP2 but I think it might have been.

We only recently started noticing it in our files and the day before installing SP2 I had 4 files open at once and saw the **error** in the anchor of Contour Label Styles. (only place I noticed it checked for it) but it was present. Following the SP2 install I opened same files & went to Contour Label Style Anchor Point and it read "Feature" as expected.

I'll be watching closely for the "unexpected characters and text" in coming weeks but it seems fixed in 2014 SP 2.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 5
jmayo-EE
in reply to: Jay_B

I agree Jay. Even with our limited knowledge of the issue we do know that users have reported back that 14 SP2 fixes the issue. I wouldn't worry if this is true and you were moving forward. I think the big issue is for those who need to remian on 13. I would assume 15 SP1 will also include the fix.

John Mayo

EESignature

Message 5 of 5
doni49
in reply to: jmayo-EE

Thanks guys!

Don Ireland

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report