Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quick Access Bar Customization

6 REPLIES 6
Message 1 of 7
mcloughlin
246 Views, 6 Replies

Quick Access Bar Customization

Civil 3D 2014: Attempting to customize the Quick Access Toolbar. Click "customize," pick command from list, drag to Quick Access Toolbar. Dragged command is not accepted by Quick Access Toolbar. Dragged command is accepted by any other toolbar, just not the Quick Access Toolbar. All toolbar/window positions are unlocked. Is there some other setting that might have locked the Quick Access Toolbar? Thanks.
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7
dgorsman
in reply to: mcloughlin

If the current QAT (you can define several) is selected from the Enterprise CUIx, it cannot be modified.  Ensure yours is defined in the Main CUIx.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 3 of 7
Jay_B

You should be able to rt click on any command on Ribbon and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar".

According to help you should also be able to drag commands.
http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2014/ENU/files/GUID-5F9B5220-1D63-4791-96C6-97E50621320C.htm
C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 4 of 7
rkmcswain
in reply to: Jay_B

@Anonymous wrote:
You should be able to rt click on any command on Ribbon and select "Add to Quick Access Toolbar".

According to help you should also be able to drag commands.
http://docs.autodesk.com/ACD/2014/ENU/files/GUID-5F9B5220-1D63-4791-96C6-97E50621320C.htm

Right-click method works fine for me.

Drag+drop not so much. I could drag+drop a command, but not on the very end of the QAT, so I dropped it in the middle thinking I could move it over with another drag movement. No, it wouldn't budge. Then I shut down and restarted and it was gone. Strange behavior.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter
Message 5 of 7
mcloughlin
in reply to: Jay_B

My intent is to insert a simple "close" button to the QAT. This would permit me to close the current drawing easily and quickly from the upper left, while keeping others open. I do not find a "close" command in the Ribbon, so cannot click on and choose such a command. I have only one QAT in the general CUI. Can't find any others. All toolbars are unlocked; still cannot insert a "close" command into the QAT.
Message 6 of 7
Jay_B

It might not be possible to add CLOSE to the Quick Access Toolbar, at least not using the "Add to Quick Access Toolbar" method.

2 alternatives I use often which you may find to be just as quick are:

CTRL+Q = Close.

Clicking on red X on upper right of drawing window area.

C3D 2018.1
C3D 2016 SP4

Win 7 Professional 64 Bit
Message 7 of 7
rkmcswain

@mcloughlin wrote:
My intent is to insert a simple "close" button to the QAT. 

I just did it in less than a minute.

1. CUI command.
  2. In the top left pane, expand CIVIL > Quick Access Toolbar > Civil 3D Quick Access Toolbar
  3. In the Command list, search for "Close" (I have several listed)
  4. Drag "Close" from the ACAD menugroup, to the end position in the QAT listed above (not into the actual graphical QAT), right under "Ribbon Combo Box - Workspace"
  5. Press OK.
  6. Shutdown and restart C3D 2014, make sure it stuck.

Now having said that, I would never use this button since there is always a document level "X" available to close the current drawing.

R.K. McSwain     | CADpanacea | on twitter

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report