Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question about contour lines.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
187 Views, 4 Replies

Question about contour lines.

Hi guys, I am using ADT 2004 , I need to draw contour lines in order to put my 3d floor plan on top of that and get several sections of both ,I need to know what product of Autodesk do I need to buy or add on to my ADT? Do I need to scan the topo lines first and redraw them in AutoCAD ? please give me some advise. Thanks in advance Afshin K.
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

I have some advice to advise you. You probably don't want to spend 5,000 to $10,000 to do this. Why not use a scale and a some graph paper. "A.K." wrote in message news:403b908f$1_3@newsprd01... | Hi guys, | | I am using ADT 2004 , I need to draw contour lines in order to put my 3d | floor plan on top of that and get several sections of both ,I need to know | what product of Autodesk do I need to buy or add on to my ADT? | Do I need to scan the topo lines first and redraw them in AutoCAD ? please | give me some advise. | | Thanks in advance | Afshin K. | |
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous

In Land Desktop you can either draw 3D contours or create contours from surfaces built from a variety of components. It will also create sections simply by selecting any line or polyline in the desired location. Before you make that move, you should check ADT 2005 to see if it includes Siteworks. It's in Revit and maybe it will show up in ADT. If you do decide to go the Land Desktop route it is not as expensive as WFB indicates in this thread. "A.K." wrote in message news:403b908f$1_3@newsprd01... > Hi guys, > > I am using ADT 2004 , I need to draw contour lines in order to put my 3d > floor plan on top of that and get several sections of both ,I need to know > what product of Autodesk do I need to buy or add on to my ADT? > Do I need to scan the topo lines first and redraw them in AutoCAD ? please > give me some advise. > > Thanks in advance > Afshin K. > >
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Thanks for the answer, Can i add tools from Land Desktop to my ADT 2004 ? Where can I go to download ADT 2005 ? Thanks "Mike Norton" wrote in message news:403ce0cf_1@newsprd01... > In Land Desktop you can either draw 3D contours or create contours from > surfaces built from a variety of components. It will also create sections > simply by selecting any line or polyline in the desired location. Before you > make that move, you should check ADT 2005 to see if it includes Siteworks. > It's in Revit and maybe it will show up in ADT. > > If you do decide to go the Land Desktop route it is not as expensive as WFB > indicates in this thread. > "A.K." wrote in message > news:403b908f$1_3@newsprd01... > > Hi guys, > > > > I am using ADT 2004 , I need to draw contour lines in order to put my 3d > > floor plan on top of that and get several sections of both ,I need to know > > what product of Autodesk do I need to buy or add on to my ADT? > > Do I need to scan the topo lines first and redraw them in AutoCAD ? please > > give me some advise. > > > > Thanks in advance > > Afshin K. > > > > > >
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

No, I don't think you can add Land Desktop functionality to ADT and ADT 2005 won't be available for a few more weeks. "A.K." wrote in message news:403d0d21$1_1@newsprd01... > Thanks for the answer, Can i add tools from Land Desktop to my ADT 2004 ? > Where can I go to download ADT 2005 ? > Thanks > > "Mike Norton" wrote in message > news:403ce0cf_1@newsprd01... > > In Land Desktop you can either draw 3D contours or create contours from > > surfaces built from a variety of components. It will also create sections > > simply by selecting any line or polyline in the desired location. Before > you > > make that move, you should check ADT 2005 to see if it includes Siteworks. > > It's in Revit and maybe it will show up in ADT. > > > > If you do decide to go the Land Desktop route it is not as expensive as > WFB > > indicates in this thread. > > "A.K." wrote in message > > news:403b908f$1_3@newsprd01... > > > Hi guys, > > > > > > I am using ADT 2004 , I need to draw contour lines in order to put my 3d > > > floor plan on top of that and get several sections of both ,I need to > know > > > what product of Autodesk do I need to buy or add on to my ADT? > > > Do I need to scan the topo lines first and redraw them in AutoCAD ? > please > > > give me some advise. > > > > > > Thanks in advance > > > Afshin K. > > > > > > > > > > > >

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report