Community
Civil 3D Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Civil 3D Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular AutoCAD Civil 3D topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QTO Question

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
neilyj666
368 Views, 5 Replies

QTO Question

I'm working on a windfarm access track (stone built construction) and have used one of the rehab assemblies and width targets to increase the track to 5m and this has worked well.

Referring to the screenshot: the yellow areas are the stone to be imported to complete the road and I assume that these can be taken off easily using the QTO tools but the quantity I really need is the distance down from the road edge and across to the ditch and then along the road to give me an area of geotextile seperator.

Is it possible to derive this quantity and if so, how do I do it??

Thanks

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
neilyj666
in reply to: neilyj666

No takers??

neilyj (No connection with Autodesk other than using the products in the real world)
Did you find this post helpful? Feel free to Like this post.
Did your question get successfully answered? Then click on the ACCEPT SOLUTION button.

EESignature

AEC Collection 2024 UKIE (mainly Civil 3D UKIE and IW)
Win 11 Pro x64, 1Tb Primary SSD, 1Tb Secondary SSD
64Gb RAM Intel(R) Xeon(R) W-11855M CPU @ 3.2GHz
NVIDIA RTX A5000 16Gb, Dual 27" Monitor, Dell Inspiron 7760
Message 3 of 6
Joe-Bouza

I have not explored QTO to give a real answer, but would a bpoly work for that qty?

Thank you

Joseph D. Bouza, P.E. (one of 'THOSE' People)

HP Z210 Workstation
Intel Xeon CPU E31240 @ 3.30 Hz
12 GB Ram

Note: Its all Resistentialism, so keep calm and carry on

64 Bit Win10 OS
Message 4 of 6
fcernst

QTO would be great for this. However, we have learned it uses the 2D area projected to the XY plane for the Item Area quantity. Therefore your quantity will be incorrect.

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com
Message 5 of 6
sboon

I'm assuming that the fabric follows the red lines I've sketched, and that the thickness of the road structure is fixed.  A feature line could be extracted from the bottom inside point of the new structure.  The length of that line mutliplied by the thickness gives the area of the vertical portion of the fabric. 

A second featureline could be extracted at the bottom outside corner of the stone, and with some work the 2d area of the surface between these two feature lines could be measured.

Steve
Please use the Accept as Solution or Kudo buttons when appropriate

Clipboard1.png

Steve
Expert Elite Alumnus
Message 6 of 6
fcernst
in reply to: sboon

"but the quantity I really need is the distance down from the road edge and across to the ditch and then along the road to give me an area of geotextile seperator."

Steve and Neil,

This request by Neil is what QTO is perfect for, if it worked correctly. Can I ask both of you to submit a classified "Critical"  support request for QTO? 

Fred Ernst, PE
C3D 2024
Ernst Engineering
www.ernstengineering.com

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Rail Community

Autodesk Design & Make Report